Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Bloody bargain at $24000 ended sale price!

I see they closed at that price. If they don’t need refurbishing then even $40,000 would have been a bargain.

They were a trade in. For what, I wonder.

Too bad, I was going to buy them. :smirk:

2 Likes

Are these the 212SX subs from REL? I have a pair of those and they absolutely rock!

19 Likes

These are the older SEs. They work great in my room.

1 Like

Also added in some acoustic treatments this week. A corner bass trap hiding behind the plants and some wall panels. The former has made a subtle but noticeable difference to some of my worst nulls, but the latter have made an enormous difference to bringing down system brightness and removing the room from the sound. The stage is very much more focused at the front now.

21 Likes

Digging the Lava Lamp. Looks like an older one 70s, 90s perhaps?

Nice space as well, BTW.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s hard to strike a balance between the hifi and my preferences for how the space looks. Thankfully the other half and I are quite eye to eye on these things so it’s been easy to come up with something that works. She helped pick the speakers :slight_smile:

1 Like

lovely camera display. perhaps you could share what you’re shooting with.

1 Like

I use a Canon 6D mkII, with a 24-70 f/4 L IS, and a 70-200 f/4 L. In the cabinet they’re all functional. Left to right: Box Brownie, Kodak Junior, Voigtlander Vito, Practika SLR and a Canon D60 Digital SLR, basically covering a time period from around 1900 until today. I use some of the 35mm ones to shoot B&W now and again.

2 Likes

Interesting how many “music people” are also into photography. My all time favorite was my beloved Nikon FA, circa 1983 or so. It was stolen from me with a partial roll of shots from Europe when I was in the Navy. Not sure what hurt more losing the camera or the photos within. A few before and many after, but I still miss the FA.

2 Likes

I loved my Nikon F2. That thing went every where on the planet with me. Fantastic piece of equipment.

3 Likes

For me the Nikon F3 HP with a type A focusing screen holds that place :grinning:

1 Like

Ever see the movie Gotcha?

It’s not a camera, it’s a Nikon.

1 Like

My three favorite nowadays are my Nikon D810, Fuji X100T, and my Pixel 6…

The Fuji Xpro 3 is the digital camera that got me into digital photography and back into photography in general since the slow death of film and the expense of E6 chemistry.

That’s a great camera but I’ve no need. The x100 is smaller and the Nikon is faster and better (although even bigger and heavier). I have a bunch of Nikkor lenses but I rarely use any other than my 35mm fixed. I also came up shooting film but nowadays there really isn’t much point. Dare I say, it’s gone the way of vinyl? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A view on my new room for the main system - a bit constrained compared to our previous appartment, still that’s fine for me as i don’t suffer from glass reflection or any bad side effects.
Kuzma/Zyx Airy3 1000 X + Revox PR99 + Studer D732 + Universal Audio 2192 + Linn Majik DS + VTL 5.5 + Halgo/Hashimoto + ATC 100 actives…and tons of LP, tapes, CD and files FLAC/DSD

38 Likes

I love the integration of the wine rack with LP storage, and the separate stand for the R2R.

well done.

4 Likes

Yep, I appreciate that you have appreciated :slight_smile:
I made by myself all the furnitures that you can see on the picture (LP/wine, R2R stand, gear/TV rack)
That was an interesting piece of work for the LP/wine, as ther are a number of details and assembly parts that I designed for practical and aesthetic objectives in the same time

8 Likes

New Roon Desktop Setup:

Mac Studio M1 Max + 2 x Apple Studio Displays VESA Mount
Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3
Topping A90
RME Fireface UCX II
Drawmer CMC3 Monitor Controller
Raspberry Display running Ropieee
Dynaudio BM5 MKIII + Rythmik Audio E22 Subwoofer
Sennheizer HD660s
HiFiMan Sundaras

25 Likes