Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Thanks. Yep, Maggie 1.7i’s and six cats. Those guards are there just in case. The cats really pay no mind to the Maggies.

1 Like

I too have Usher Audio CP-8571 speakers although mine started life as Series 1’s with the original berryllium tweeters. I changed the tweeters out for the Usher DMD version as used in the Mk-II. No crossover mods. I don’t see myself ever changing speakers. Surprising to me they are so rare at least here in the USA.

2 Likes

Long story, short; he challenges the perceived wisdom, showing carpet only attenuates high frequencies

I tried rolling back my rug last night, it did sound clearer, with no apparent drawbacks

I’ll try again later…

(It’s been there, in different rooms, for 15+ years, never really thought about it)

1 Like

Those are fabulous. How would you describe their character?

Yesterday, as an experiment I bought a set second hand Dynaudio Special Forty’s in grey birch. They (temporarily?) replace my much loved Kef LS50 Meta’s.
Wanting to learn about difference in characteristics. Hoping for a bit warmer and more encompassing sound.
Will be listening a lot in the next days, weeks and months :grin:

Setup:
(Roon) ROCK on NUCi5 -» Bluesound Node (2021 model) -» Chord Qutest -» Musical Fidelity M5Si -» Dynaudio Special Forty’s + Kef KC62 sub.

Chord Clearway cables

Also ifi Zen Dac V2 for headphone listening (Beyerdynamic Amiron).
Not sure about this match though, think my main speaker setup sounds more clear :thinking:

Cheers from the Netherlands

30 Likes

I’ve had a pair of special 40s on the same 24" solid steel stands (for the moment, not connected). I felt the stands were too tall for my listening position and room.

yours look quite nice.

1 Like

Looks very nice. I have the M6si amp, but no sub, how do you attach your KC62?

Here’s my current set up featuring a Nucleus (hidden away in a separate room), Bluesound Powernode 2, Dali Oberon 7. No sub. Display on the TV with the TV Remote extension app. Music streams from Qobuz most often, and sometimes (such as the case in the photo below) from local files.

30 Likes

I think there are speakers double the price like some wilsons or B&W and same SQ :slight_smile:

And they look so good!

1 Like

Nice system and guitars. Dali doesn’t get enough love. Enjoy.
John

1 Like

agreed; easy to place, easy to live with, and sound wonderful.

2 Likes

See here:

1 Like

I find that using a convolution filter with the Beyerdynamic Amiron really improves their sound. PM me and I will send the necessary files.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Thank you. I’m better at listening than playing those guitars, but I try!

1 Like

GIK Acoustics… Two 4" Alpha panels and four 2" Impressions panels.

20 Likes

… and how has the sound changed?
Are you pleased with the effect?

Regards
Andy

1 Like

Very nice! enjoy! Let us know what you think!

1 Like

I also have Dynaudio Special Forty’s, and will be interested in how you get on with them.

1 Like