Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Primaluna is my eventual goal. Monoblocks, probably the HPs.

I have not heard these speakers, or any speakers from his own brand, but I really do respect the late Franco Serblin and what he accomplished at Sonus Faber. The Accordo speakers truly look amazing and if they sound anything like they look it must be an amazing experience (and from you description it “sounds” like they do :ok_hand:t3:).

1 Like

The Accordos (Accordi?) are lovely speakers – I had a chance to listen to a pair for an extended trial a while back – and look beautiful too. Nice choice!

2 Likes

Nice setup and interesting separation of the A/V elements from the 2-channel.
Is there no way of running front L+R from the A/V side into the 2-channel side, to utilise those lovely speakers?
I do this, taking the front L+R from my Tag AV32 processor into a HT input on my Sim Audio Moon Amp. This bypasses the pre-amp stage, and my B&W Signature 805 speakers are then the front L+R.
Obviously there are separate outputs for Centre, Rear L+R and for the .1, which are handle by a separate 3 channel power amp and a Sunfire subwoofer.

1 Like

Hello Simon

I used to have my old speakers configured through HT bypass. However I decided not “waste” my valves on series and movies since I watch them allot. But indeed they would probably make for an impressive Dolby surround front!

1 Like

Bryant Park NYC on a sunny day setup: Travel install of Roon Core on MacBook Pro, Dragonfly Red, Final E5000 IEMs, Bluestone Coffee. :upside_down_face:

29 Likes

Beautiful diagram! You’re either a graphic artist or a technical manual author!

Did you choose the cactus based on sound quality? How often do you have to replace the needles? :wink:

Sorry, couldn’t help myself, but srsly, great work. I’ll be it sounds GREAT!

1 Like

This and the airplane = Dedication, love it!

Got my Roon Nucleus two days ago and fitted a 2TB SSD for music storage. It’s running into my Sony TA-ZH1ES DAC via USB. I’m using an iPad for control. Currently using a budget NAD integrated amplifier to see if I fancy a change from my Leben valves. Am thinking of trying Devialet or Naim amps too. Also the Auralic Polaris looks good too.

6 Likes

After re-organising my system, that is, replacing the old Airport Extremes with the Orbi Netgear (RBK 53) with one router and two satellites, I am happily streaming from my MacBook Pro sitting in my office to my Devialet two floors below. Works like a charm. Very happy with the setup, just as happy with Roon. And that means something as I used to be a long-time Aurender afficionado!

My Devialet Expert 120 feeds into my beloved ATC SCM 11s. The Devialet will soon be upgraded to the Expert Pro 220. Can’t imagine how to bridge the time without my gear :tired_face:

11 Likes

That looks nice :slightly_smiling_face:

What would the Devialet 220 give you over the 120?

100 Watts more per channel :grin:, which of course, is not what I want for the smallish living room we have. The thing is, I bought the 120 as a demo equipment from my local dealer and with the upgrade, I’ll get the newest boards (with the latest Core Infinity board) with a 5 year’s guarantee extension.

But you are right, I might be there already. Still tempted to switch to the Harbeth Monitor 30.1 speakers. Let’s incubate things a bit more.

Sorry, but I have to show you my new “subwoofers” :grin:

subwoofer

28 Likes

Then you would be dropping the Sony. The Dev is an all in proposition, as it will re-ADC any incoming analog signal and bring it back to digital; eliminating, imho, any benefits from having another DAC upstream.

Indeed, Devialet is a one-box solution, but for me it became the perfect solution. I used to have an Aurender going into a DAC, the DAC went into a pre-amp, and the pre-amp in turn into a power amp. So, four relatively large boxes, all that cabling, and it took quite a large rack to hold all the equipment.
At one point, I got fed up with all those boxes and cables. I was always attracted by those shiny Devialet pizza boxes, till I accidentally stumbled on this demo Devialet. It took me a moment to decide, and once installed, my ATCs shone like never before!

2 Likes

Oh yes, I’m aware of that. My partner is keen on the idea but I really like my Sony DAC. One advantage of Devialet would be the SAM system which will work with my Harbeth speakers. I tried it with them a couple of years ago and it was pretty amazing how much it improved the Harbeths. Back then I just plugged my Nagra CD transport into the Devialet, this time it’ll be the Nucleus. Nice simple setup.

SAM doesn‘t do much with my ATCs, need to check that I have it on in my system. What Harbeth do you have? I heard the Monitor 30.1 at a local desler‘s and they sounded really nice, although they weren‘t connected to a Devialet

The Devialet DAC is so transparent that, if you like the sound of your Sony DAC, or whatever, the Devialet will pass that good sound through to your speakers.

I have the P3ESR. The SAM system really extends the bass and spaciousness of the sound. I tried it with the Devialet 120 at a dealers. Also briefly tried the SuperHL5+ which was good too.

I’m sure it would be good like that but I’d rather not pay for 2 DACs in one system.