Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

What are those shiny speakers?

Ged

I had a pair in for review. Their looks make you think they might be slightly gimmicky. They’re not. Nice clear sound, they go surprisingly low (until you realise they’re isobarics) and sound best in my room only 20cm out from the back wall, and they’re small. A different sound to my usual Harbeths but I rather grew into them

Phil.

What are they?

Hi,
It’s Ologe Speakers, I’m testing the FIVE • 5 Model I really love them of course first for their sound, when style and the different kinds of way to place them!
You can hang the speakers directly on the wall, or special stands even place on the floor on a special floor stand (with a screw decide the angel, so the sweet spot will be right)!
There’s a hole series of them, TEN • 10, FIVE • 5, ONE • 1, ZERO • 0 and a special Subwoofer TWENTY • 20.
So they can be used as Stereo hifi/high-end and as a home theater system!
A French architecture/stylist has designed the speaker cabinets, they are only 10 centimeters thick! They are made in China and they put together them in Japan, the Head office is in Hong Kong!
They are big in Asia and have a Solo Agent in USA, I have been asked to be the Solo Agent for Europe! But haven’t decided me yet, because they are not especially cheap, the model that is on my photo cost around 10K-15K€! The Subwoofer cost 7K€!
I have the Version 1, the V2 comes in Black Matt with the sides in Piano Lack also in White Matt with Piano Lack!
It’s possible to get them in other special colors!

Love & Respect

String

Wow so more than everything I own then. Including the shirt on my back :thinking::thinking:
Not for me then…
I have a pair of Thiel powerplanes which are very thin in a cast aluminium enclosure meant for in wall mounting but I bought them for £50 on eBay…

13 posts were split to a new topic: RCA-XLR & XLR-RCA cables and connections

Nice to see another Ubiquiti Networks user. I’m always as fascinated by the network infrastructure as the Roon systems on these posts!

3 Likes

Hi, @ged_hickman1
I didn’t pay what they cost!
Only 1000€
I can arrange a unpackaged pair of the V1 FIVE • 5 Black Piano Lack,
(The same as mine) for 1500€ + shipping cost!
Send me a PM if you or someone else is interested!

Love & Respect
String

Had my Roon Nucleus taken upstairs to my office and connected it via Ethernet to an access point and from there via Ethernet to my Devialet. Fired the thing up, chose my audio zone, and voilà, the Nucleus streams now via Ethernet to my Devialet.

I like this setup as the volume setting on my iPad is identical to the one displayed on my Devialet. Therefore, I hardly need the Devialet’s remote any more!

I have to listen a lot longer to judge SQ, but to me it looks as if channel separation is a bit better via Ethernet than USB. I like what I‘m hearing, but again, I need to listen a lot more carefully to pinpoint differences between Ethernet and USB.

Will send pictures later. So thanks for the suggestion to try out Ethernet!

1 Like

The access point to which the Nucleus is connected to: the Ethernet cable from the router feeds into the access point, that has two Ethernet cables running to the Nucleus and the Devialet Ethernet port.

Works flawlessly, and I do like the sound! Again, channel separation is a tad better, but very clearly, the bass has improved. And I do like of not having to use the clunky, although stylish, Devialet remote. I like the setup!

7 Likes

Hi @dabassgoesboomboom

@jussi_laako ‘s HQPlayer Embedded doing it’s thing further upstream?
Is it Embedded in your Roon Core or?
I just wonder if it’s that or some other place?
The THX 789 Headphone Amp is it possible to buy it somewhere else than at Massdrop? How much does it cost?

Your RCA-to-XLR Interconnects custom made Belden 1804A (silver plated) using John Swenson’s shielding method (for those of you playing at home). Neutrik connectors on both ends. How much does they cost?
There can I buying/order them from?

I’m asking you about this things because it’s sounds interesting to try!
So please answer me here please or send me a PM.

Love & Respect

String

1 Like

The good news is that the THX AAA 789 is fabulous, and it cost $349.
The bad news is that it was made for Massdrop, not available anywhere else, and they made 490 of them and they are all sold. We can hope Massdrop will make more, after the very enthusiastic reception. You can register for a notification if it becomes available here, see also this note from THX.

Benchmark has a headphone amp and a big power amp based on the same THX technology. But the HPA4 headphone amp is $3,000.

1 Like

My digital rig

8 Likes

Hi Anders S! I’ll send you a PM later today/tomorrow! Great to see you back active here again and enjoying the music and this fun hobby.

Hi Anders V! Your numbers always need correcting :grin:

1 Like

Well, I rounded. :grinning:

@Mark_Tunis I see you have had a few dealings with Alvin. How do you like the terminator? Where are you country wise? Usa / Canada looking at the wall plate :wink:

New member of the family :smile:

Khadas Tone Board

1 Like

@Derek_Wyman Does the Khadas run Roon Bridge?

I’m in the USA, Love the terminator, and the antipodes,
All the best,
Mark

7 Likes

Wow now that’s an amazing looking TT.