Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

simple and clean… what a view!

1 Like

ROCK on NUC - NUC8i7BEH4 + NVMe SSD + 2nd SATA SSD for Music Library - AudioQuest JitterBug USB noise Filter + 1.5m AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable - to Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp

Preferred control - SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S4 10.5” Tablet.

ZONE 1 - MAIN AUDIO SYSTEM

Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp – ( Neutrik XLR (Canare L-4E6S Star Quad Cable) balanced Interconnects to RH + LH AMPs)

2 x Rotel RB-1590 A/B Class Stereo Power Amplifiers - 350w per Channel @ 8 ohms (1.4Kw total)

4 x Klipsch RP-280 (2018) Floor standing Tower Speakers

(8 x 2metre - Custom 12 AWG Silver Speaker Cables in Bi-Wire setup)

ZONE 2 - OFFICEYAMAHA R-N602 Network Receiver driving Klipsch RP-160M Speakers - AIRPLAY

ZONE 3 - BEDROOM 1DENON RCD-N7 Network Receiver driving Denon SC-N7 Speakers - AIRPLAY

ZONE 4 – HEADPHONE STATION - SONY PHA-3 balanced H/phone Amp + SONY MDR-Z7 H/phones

OPPO UDP-205 – CD + DVD + SACD + Tidal / MQA Decoding
Neutrik XLR (Canare L-4E6S Star Quad Cable) balanced Interconnects to Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp
2.0m AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI Cable to Samsung UA55H7000 TV

DELL SFF i7 Win10 PC, running J River 25 + Tidal
AudioQuest JitterBug USB noise Filter + 1.5m AudioQuest Coffee USB cable to Oppo UDP-205 + Audio via SPIDIF Optical to Samsung UA55H7000 TV

QNAP TS-453 Pro-8G 4 Bay NAS – Back up of all Music + streams video & podcasts to OPPO & TV

All components are connected to the home network via Cat6 cable, through a 24 Port managed smart switch. Whitelist via MAC address employed for additional network security.

14 Likes

Impressive. I also like the art glass.

1 Like

Thanks James, they are Salt Lamps.

Nice cord management. There are many here that are envious for that alone.:slightly_smiling_face:

No matter what I do, I always end up with a rat’s nest.

How is bi-wiring working for you considering you have 380wpc at your disposal without?. I’ve heard pros/cons on bi-wiring and bi-amping.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bi-Wiring and Bi-Amping - Thoughts and Experiences

Using my old iFi’s in my bedroom with headphones and on my selfmade iFi stand. Still sounds great.

15 Likes

A nice looking set and indeed a beautiful rack.

1 Like

Slim, thanks for the cable management complement, I guess it could be a tad OCD on my behalf. As for the Bi-Wire thing, I’ll drop into the the topic/thread for a read/comment, and not muddy this thread.

17 Likes

Is that an audio system or a deconstructed MRI?

11 Likes

Very, Very Cool setup. That surely makes a great talking point in a room. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that is a nicely build rack. Great job!

Some info regarding the stand

1 Like

Great set up! Could you please explain the 4 speaker configuration? First time I’ve come across it.
Do the salt lamps spice up the sound, by the way?

This might be a better thread for that question. It was split off from this thread -

Slim, that thread is about bi-wiring/amping. I’m asking about quad-speakering… And one brief little reply here will suffice, so as not to go off topic.

1 Like

If you read the description you will see that the four speaker setup is a result of bi-wiring, at least that’s how I interpret it, but maybe the OP did something different.:neutral_face:

Anyway, not especially trying to push you off to somewhere else.

I’m ready to take my “audiophileness” into my office. Work in an open desk environment so desk space is at a premium and I don’t want to put together something too silly expensive since it will be out in the open but certainly something that makes people ask questions. I was thinking of a Schiit stack and a nice headphone stand. The iFi rack above would look very excellent and convinced me this thread needed more set-ups that would work in an office. Show me your office set-ups (please)!

Briefly, I did the 4 x Towers because, #1- I already had them #2-I have bucket-Loads of power to feed the 4, so why not. They fill the room effortlessly. The system handles all I throw at it musically with aplomb. Lamps are for subtle lighting only, no secret sonic woo-woo involved … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes