Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I had the same speakers for more than a decade. I absolutely loved them. Now my daughter has them (present for her 21st birthday). They still sound great.

2 Likes

with the CAL and the 801s, you have a couple of real audio classics. great looking system; is that a SB Touch on the right?

Yes it is. I have 4 of them scattered around the house. These days, the one in this room only gets used as a clock.

Nice to see the version of 801s from the time when they still sounded brilliant! The modern versions got nothing to show for in a comparison with your puppies.

1 Like

i have a few performing similar duty.

@AnimalOnDrums You might be interested in reading and posting on this thread: Show Us Your Cans!

1 Like

Going on 24 years for mine.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! You are spot on because I already read it quite often :laughing:

Yeah the Touch in this room only gets used if I want whole house music. The CAL still gets plenty of play, and probably will until its demise. Its built like a tank though, so it’ll probably last longer then me.

I’ve heard some 802-D2’s that were pretty impressive. The guy selling them swears they are better then the D3’s, so you might be right about that.

are you running LMS along side Roon?

No, running the Touches in Roon, using ROCK on a nuc. When we are in party mode we sync all the Touches for whole house music. It was surprising to me how much better the SQ is on the DAC’s built in streamer, hence the Touch being relegated to clock duty in the main room.

You are really creasing / bending the headphone cable directly out of your headphones. See the photo. The stranded green / white cable. See the 45 degree bend? At least turn your headphones the other way.

Just trying to help out. You’ll get a short if you continue.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip…but the photo setup was made in haste, didn’t even notice that till now. My headphones are normally turned the other way and on another better stand or in their travel case when not in use…and the cable is never pulled so taught also. The cable I use is also a nylon braided cable from OIDIO Sound…they can flex a lot and are very well constructed in my opinion; but probably not that much. Thanks again for looking out for my puppies!

Bryston BDA-3 is in the house, and sounds great!

from the top:
Bryston 4B ST (1997)
Bryston BDA-3
Bryston BP20 (1994)
DENON 2010AE SACD player
NUC7I5BNH in AKASA fanless case
speakers DYNAUDIO Focus 220

13 Likes

Hi guys
Here are mine

Living room
McIntosh MA7200
Sonus Faber Olympica II
Roon core on Nuc I5 8th gen
USB from Nuc to McIntosh for DSD
Bluesound Node 2I
Switch ethernet cisco

Kitchen
Naim Uniti Atom
Focal Dôme x2
Ethernet

Bedroom
2 HomePod

17 Likes

Nice.

The center channel speaker… how is that connected? Is it powered separately, and just running off the television?

Hi

It is powered to the Rotel for HCinema with the 2 surround
And front right and left connected to the McIntosh and for Home cinéma in passthrough
And occasionaly i listen Music in 5.1 but i do not know where to find 5.1 Music.
I got Qobuz and i do not know if they have

ah, gotcha. Trying to figure out if it’s worth it to repurpose my Yamaha AV receiver for home theater… but we generally just watch movies without a big home-theater focus.

I love both systems and like to split Music and cinema.
And so far it is my best combination!