Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Nothing is more constant than change. And so something has changed again for me. :wink:

This is what it looked like about 2 years ago.
And so about a year ago.

The bare wall on the left side of my room has been given a picture. An art print on aluminum. The photographer is Steve Steigman, the picture is entitled “Blown Away”.

Roon-Rock still runs on the Cirrus 7 with a 6-core CPU and 8 GB of RAM. I really enjoyed my McIntosh MA9000, but it couldn’t withstand the overwhelming power of my new amplifiers. I decided on the AVM Ovation PA 8.3 preamplifier and a couple of AVM monoblocks.

Youtube-Link Preamp
Youtube-Link Review monoblocks

However, the amplifier ensemble would not have fit under my previous lowboard. I therefore had to have a new base made for the stone slab.

The plate weighs around 150 kg naked, which was a real challenge to install the new frame. But after I had lifted the plate side by side with a jack and secured it with supports, I was able to dismantle the previous frame and slide the new one under.

The Linn Klimax has a bridge made of stainless steel with a thickness of 10 mm. A press with 320 tons of pressing force is used to bend the radius.

Although the lowboard is open on all sides, you should see as little of the cables as possible. The power and network come from the ground, it is distributed via a cable duct with 8 integrated sockets on the rear. I can accommodate all cables in it. However, it is more work than you would think. It took 2 days until I was satisfied. Of course I made, shortened and sleeved various power cables.

It was a lot of work and it was a lot of money. But I’m really happy. :+1:

84 Likes