Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Thanks Danny.
Am loving the nucleus. Looks extremely smart. Easy to get setup and migrate. Beautiful bit of kit.
From this…

To this…

4 Likes

The Nucleus is darn right sexy looking thats for sure :wink:

Nice Tritons there :slight_smile:

I miss my T1’s. Had to sell them after moving into an apartment.

If I had them here, I wouldn’t last long in any apartment building (with noise complaints).

Yep.They are great speakers Sean. And don’t cost an arm and a leg.

1 Like

After enjoying those Oskar Heil type AMT tweeters I can’t imagine ever going back to dome tweeters again :grin:

RoonNucleus,with music library held on Innuos Zen mk2, in turn feeding Hegel H160.
CD duties handled by Audiolab 8200cd
Deck is Regar Planar RP3 with Musical Fidelity M1 Pre amp
Output is B&W CM8
iPad Pro 12” for control end

6 Likes

Wow, that brings back memories. I had a pair of Totem Mani-2 speakers in red driven by a Bryston amp and preamp. Fantastic system. Sold it about 12 years ago. I really miss it.

4 Likes

In the library, I have Mark & Daniel bookshelfs that use Heil AMT units. I agree, they are fabulous, they have the same immediacy and “there-ness” as the Avantgardes.

(A “library” is a room where I keep books from the post-Gutenberg to pre-Kindle era.)

2 Likes

Nice Anders. My old man (dad) has ESS Lab Fortura’s with original Heil AMT’s…

Even at 40+ years old, those tweeters are really something else…

Fine, all you guys with the organized rooms and beautiful systems, I will let you see the mess that makes my music (it’s all about the music):

Rebuilt Maggie 3.3Rs, bi-amped with the Krell Amp and a Musical Design amp, overview of the other components in the corner.

Preamps and sources. Note my reccently acquired Marchand XM-9 crossover for the biamping. Yes, I plan to stick it in the rack at some point. The screen is touch.

XLR patch bay, Roon Core (note the bouncing spectrum analyzer), home theater PC, two UNRAID NAS servers - 23TB total.

Amp stack.

It’s all about the music.

12 Likes

That’s Incredible James, that room must be like a furnace in summer.

1 Like

Used to be. I rebuilt all the computers and servers with lower wattage AMD chips.Also had the benefit of greatly reducing fan noise.

So the only real heat producers are the Rogue monoblocks. Can’t use those in the summer unless I crank up the air con!

2 Likes

The “hifi” doesn’t look like it did 20 years ago! :laughing:
Truly impressive! You must be your power companys best customer? :wink:

2 Likes

Ikea Lamps, but, yes you are right: A great setup :slight_smile:

Devialet 200 and SF Olympica 2 speakers

12 Likes

Wow co so clean and nice… But you need cable management! Maybe some tubes to hide the cables against the wall if you don’t want to put them in the wall?

1 Like

Nice! But do you have both Innuous Zen and Nucleus? Isn’t it redundant?

I’m sure, albeit when I went to the lower wattage CPUs it went way down, and I basically never have more than 30% of those components powered up at any one time – so most are idling or even unplugged.

The reason it’s like that, other than it is a physical expression of how my brain works, is that I like to be able to plug anything into anything - i.e. I may be interested in hearing vinyl through a tube preamp and a SS power amp, or I may want digital through a SS preamp and tube power amp, or 5.1 for SACD/DVD-A. Either have separate rigs, or be able to reconfigure on the fly like Scotty in Star Trek!

1 Like

No, not at all, I have a platform for the OS and keep the other as the player and for reading the cd’s we buy into the HD.

So Nucleus as the Roon Core only, and the Innuos as a player / CD ripper?