Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Very tidy room. :slight_smile: Wish mine was like that, but with two couldnā€™t care less kids roaming about alas its not.

2 Likes

Exactly what I did. Got a reduced but new Atom then a Ā£400 100 to add on. Itā€™s definitely better than the Atom on itā€™s own, really comes good when you turn it up as it stays in control better than the Atom and stays more consistent. Also the bottom end is more controlled.

Hmm dont tempt me Iā€™ve spent enough this year already on gubbins for my system.

1 Like

Does the shop floor count as a setup? I spend more time listening to this system than I do my system at home!

B&W 800 D3
Meridian UltraDAC (ID41 streaming card)
Meridian 857 Power Amp
Melco N1A Server
Linn Akurate DS (2nd streamer)

23 Likes

Blimey Rob!
Thatā€™s the best setup Iā€™ve ever seen in a music shop.

Hifi dealer that sells records I should imagine.

Nice set-up. Lots of records, but no record player to be seen ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, records need all the help they can get :rofl:

1 Like

Oh yeah. Silly me. :roll_eyes:

LOL. I have had 7 Golden Retrievers, named after boxers, baseball players and basketball players, named: Tyson, Jake, Riley, Jeter, Magic, Koufax and Barkley. Only Koufax and Barkley are still with us. You can never have enough Goldens or Labs.

2 Likes

Only if youā€™re not allergic to them. I had one and took daily anti histamines until her demise

You should try a Rhodesian Ridgeback , 45 kilos of soppy dog, too big to sit on your lap so she sat on my feet to keep her bum off the cold floor

I love all dogs. Rhodesian are wonderful dogs. From my perch there are two types of people. Those who LOVE dogs and those who donā€™t.

We have become a Golden family. They OWN our house. They train my wife very well.

When we lost our Riley, after some months, we decided to get a trained Golden, a beautiful English Cream, really white, who we named Jeter who was 6 months old. He was so smart and perfectly trained. Literally within a week, he lost all his training and had my wife perfectly trained. He was the smartest dog I ever knew. We lost him a year and half ago. It was hysterical to watch. He would make gestures or bark and my wife would respond to him in a millisecond. I tried to follow Jeterā€™s cues but it never worked for me.

4 Likes

We have an LP12 in our Demonstration Room :grin:

8 Likes

Kii Audio Three, Technics SL1000 mk2P, ASR Mini Basis MK2, ROCK on Intel NUC J3455, Bluesound Node 2.

55 Likes

Living room setup: Dali Rubicon LCR, SVS SB-4000, NAD T 777 v3, Dirac Live, lazy chair, fireplace.

5 Likes

Oh my god. What a view.
Where is that?

Close your eyes, and your music will take you wherever you will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something which has surprised me in this thread from its beginning, is that so, so, so many of you has such a narrow angle between speakers and listening position. And speakers pointing straight forward without toe-inā€¦

How can you get any stereo imaging whatsoever with such limiting placement of the speakers?

Many as lot to gain in terms of sound quality by working more on the collaboration between room, speaker placement and listening spot.

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m very happy with the view. I live in a small town in northern Norway called BodĆø.

7 Likes

Superb !!!

1 Like