Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

In my case the listening position is about three meters away, the speakers are about 3.5 meters apart. The picture is taken from behind the listening position. The toe in has been adjusted a bit after taking the picture and the speakers now “meet” right behind my head while sitting in the listening chair. The Kii Three has a phenomenal stereo imaging and pinpointing by the way. Never heard anything like it before.

Well, yours actually looked super wide and is definitely an exception to what I wrote! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kitchen - Meridian 5200s and Squeezebox/Chromecast

Cycle Shed - Meridian M60s - PC / Explorer 2

Home Office - Meridian A330s - G41 Amp/ PC Explorer 2 /Sub
Living Room - Meridian M80, Raspberry Pi / HiFiBerry Digi +

Decorate old home office or upgrade to 7200SE speakers …
Main System - Meridian 7200SE, Meridian 218, Meridian DSW Sub, Chromecasts

15 Likes

Take pride in the fact that Freud thought a neat desk was the sign of a messy mind.

8 Likes

The funny thing is that I could have posted these years back but thought I’d just tidy things first… today I thought who cares!

3 Likes

how do you like the 218?

I really like the 218. Its a great little box and works well as a 2 channel solution whilst working with the G68 for surround sound. Not the most expensive way of getting MQA through a Meridian product either.
It was a bit of a pain to set up initially with mixed Meridian Comms but not an issue so much now. Not sure whether I could have gotten away with the new 210 product which is imminent…

Meridian 210 Datasheet

Cheers
Tom

Curious, general view is power supplies are important. Meridian were a bit late to the party there. This box has a built in PS, using such a box into a £15k pair of speakers (system effectively) seems like underplaying things? Clearly not but… (off topic I guess)

You’re probably right. I had the 218 prior to the 7200SE and now I have no hi-fi budget! Let me know what you would recommend, instead,

Cheers
Tom

1 Like

what’s the difference between the 218 and the 210?

The 210 is primarily a streaming device - Bluetooth, Spotify Play, Roon and potentially other networked products. The 218 is more of a pre-amp and includes optical and coaxial in. It also supports Sooloos (The real Roon! :smile:)

There is a big thread of this on Hitchhikers
Meridian 210 Thread on Hitchhikers

The 218 has analog outputs, I don’t think the 210 does.

Yeah, I saw that, and have been interested in the 218 for a while. In a few locations I don’t need analog outs, but wondered why the 210 is 50% more expensive.

Is it more expensive? Last I saw they were the same price but that could have been a miss print.
No Bluetooth etc on the 218

i could be mistaken, but thought the 218 was $1k, and the 210 $1.5k.

My babies are back. I found a pair of Technics SB-7000 speakers in Germany.
I bought these speakers in 1978 but they did not survive the former swmbo.
Drove 500 km today to pick them up. They sound a little more bass heavy compared to the Opticons.
Considering to add a MiniDSP DDRC-24 with Dirac Live between the amp’s Pre-Out and Main-In.

7 Likes

Brother, I dig your setup, but I don’t understand the speaker placement.

Is this because of SWMBO.

Just took them out of the car and put them there for a first test.
I will do some more listening and then decide weather to keep both pairs or just the Technics speakers.

I should do a “now we are breeding puny humans” picture but I’m worried my own machines might get me…

1 Like

Just upgraded my Rock Nuc with a 4Tb SSD for music storage.

9 Likes