Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I’ve split out the technical discussion on DietPi3 (a good discussion just a little too detailed for this topic) to it’s own topic.

Roon Core = MiniItx motherboard w/i7 3.3Ghz processor, 16 Gig RAM, Stripped down Debian base OS on SSD
Roon Bridge [s] = RPI w/DIetPi and BeagleBone Black Debian/RoonBridge for kitchen duty

1 Like

Roon Core = MacPro 5,1 3.06Ghz, 24GB RAM, 256GB SSD for MacOS and Roon, 1TB SSD Music Library, hardwired to ASUS RT-AC88U Router hardwired to Meridian MS600 => Meridian G02 Pre-Amp => Meridian G57 Power Amp => KEF Reference 1 speakers.

Very, very happy :relaxed:

10 Likes

Here is my 2 setups.

Imac i5 quadcore

NAD c390DD with BluOSS module - KEF LS50

Chord mojo - Schiit Valhalla 2 - HD800

12 Likes

@James_Stanley

Nice!

What is the little device underneath the monitor on your headphones setup? Looks like another Schiit.

Do you like Valhalla 2? I have the same 'phones (HD 800) with Schiit Asgard 2 / Bifrost combo.

Thanks.

I forgot about that box! Its a Schiit Wyred - not sure what it brings to the party, but I have an aversion to USB, so it puts my mind at ease slightly knowing its being somewhat cleaned up!

I do like the Valhalla, but I can only compare to running the HD800’s straight out of the mojo. Its a definite improvement. Most importantly it warms my hands up with in the depths of winter - it runs HOT!

great looking stands for the LS50s.

1 Like

I have a really noisy PC on my desktop system. The Wyred does a fantastic job cleaning up the noise. I’m a fan.

Thanks, they are Custom Design SQ404’s. Probably not technically the best as they can’t be mass loaded, but my girlfriend is happier with them!

1 Like

Big art work on my Roon Endpoint now!
Cool!

4 Likes

Route1:NUC6i5 with Roon Core - Aries - Lyngdorf TDAI2170 - XTZ 99.36mkii
Route2:NUC - Pi2 with HB Dacplus - Teufel OneM
Both routes grouped

How did you do this?

New update for Jivelite and Raspberry 7 inch screen with Pi 3 running Picoreplayer.

TV: Sony W800C 55"
Source: Windows 10 self-built PC --> Roon --> Schiit Wyrd USB re-clocker
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette
Amp: Luxman L-550AX
Speakers: PMC Twenty.23

11 Likes

I like your dog :-).

3 Likes

I call him Nipper, after the name of His Master’s Voice Dog

1 Like

Main system (balanced isolation transformer and various LPSs. optical isolation to router and “non music stuff”):
QNAP HS-251 > Mac mini > Auralic Aries > USB Regen > Audiophilleo SE > Chord 2Qute > Don Garber Fi “Y” and “X” > Klipsch Cornwall III

Headphones:
from Mac mini to USB Regen > Metrum Hex > Teac HA-501

DAC to preamplifier section:

“just” one more year to Don’s Fi 2b pre and 2A3 mono pair :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Roon on QNAP > Modwright Transporter > Kondo M7 > Living Voice Argento > Avantgarde Uno Nano

21 Likes

Nice setup! If I decide to move away from my LS50’s the 23’s are first on my list to try.

How are you getting Roon on your TV?

Thank you. The Twenty.23 are wonderful speakers, give them 150+ hours to break in.
The black box on the floor is my Windows PC I built, Roon is on that and connected to the TV.