Panasonic TX-P50GTW60
Logitech Harmony Elite
miniDSP nanoDIGI

15 Likes

Nice setup. You might want to have a look at some of these

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/aperta-series/aperta/

or these that incorporate the Isoacoustic technology and look a lot better

https://zaorstudiofurniture.com/index.php?page=idesignisoplane

I’ve got a review pair of the Apertas and they’ve made a lot of difference. Looks not to everyone’s taste admittedly

1 Like

Then there’s always Blu Tac…

(I don’t have a review pack…)

2 Likes

They’re not going to make one iota of a difference if you keep the speakers so close to the wall though. I’d go the Blu Tac and take them out from the wall before putting them on the stands.

BTW, I’m not saying the stands are bad. A mate of mine has them and they’re great. But first things first, pull the speakers from the wall.

Jimmy Page uses Technics SB-7000

2 Likes

Still haven’t upgraded that phone! :wink:

4 bay NAS with SSD to run roon, 2 x 8 TB in raid and one 8 TB drive as back up.
Bluesound node 2i, Pulse and Flex, B&W zeppelin air and Zeppelin mini for multi room experience. Roon as source of course.
Dune HD player for music DVD collection from NAS
Rotel sound processor RSP 1572, Rotel RMB 1585 surround for Cinema7 center and rear speakers. PV1 subwoofer. RB1590 to drive B&W 803D3 speakers in the living room, accoustic ceiling to remove reflections and infinite joy listening and watching music via Roon or Dune.

19 Likes

Never :wink: the newer ones are not as stylish as the W48.

I’m quite enamored with Musical Fidelity amps. The M6 500i was in my system for quite some time (love its analytical and resolving capabilities along with the dash of warmth that it adds to the music). I’m hard pressed to let go of it, but may have to (to finance my audiophile pursuits). I recently upgraded to the Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 800 which sounds fantastic (get best of both worlds with this hybrid). Enjoy the music!
Gorm

Oooh yeah - the Nu Vistas are incredible aren’t they? And the look so cool in the dark! And in the light actually, ha ha

Interesting review of the SB-7000’s:

Home office: storage (Synology), core (QuietPC), one Roon endpoint (Ambre), DAC, and too many headphone amps. Everything CAT6-wired throughout the house, connected to main Unifi EdgeRouter (not shown).

Living room:

Wiring diagram:

11 Likes

Can you say a little more about this?

Office headphone / near-field set-up
Maranta HD-DAC1 DAC / headphone amp and pre-amplifier
Yamaha CR-1000 receiver c.1974 used as power amplifier via main in sockets
Rogers LS4a loudspeakers c.1990 (?) lovely BBC-esque balance, masters of vocal (great with a 320k feed of BBC Radio 4; or some Sinatra or Shirley Horn)
Sennheiser HD700 headphones

USB connection via a supra USB cable and Audioquest Jitterbug to Roon Core running on a Lenovo Yogo Windows 10 / i5 laptop

11 Likes

This is my actual setup:
roon on NUC8i3 fanless
Topping D50
rega elex-r
Harbeth P3ESR

15 Likes

Changes fairly frequently but current setup is…

Intel NUC running ROCK
Lumin U1 Mini
Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature
Audio Note OTO SE Signature
Technics SP10 mk2
Groovemaster tonearm with Arche headshell
Audio Note Io Gold MC cart
Audio Note AN-S3 step up
Aurorasound Vida phono stage
Devore Gibbon 88

Have also got some Audio Note AN-K Spe speakers and a Line Magnetic LM518ia amp that get swapped in every now and then.

So far the digital setup doesn’t come close to sounding as good as the analogue but fortunately I don’t mind :slight_smile:

Untitled by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

Untitled by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_20181120_173943 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

21 Likes

Mac Mini > [Str8wire USB] > Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC > [BLE Design Van Damme low Pf interconnects] > Schiit Saga preamp (1940’s Sylvania brown base 6SN7WGTA tube) > [BLE Van Damme] > Schiit Vidar class A/B power amp > [JW Audio Cryo Nova speaker cables] > Tekton Design Lore 2.0 with upgrades.

13 Likes

Nice! Those KEFs and the Unison S6 must really get along!
I have its little brother, the Simply Italy. Wouldn’t change it for any SS I’ve heard.

Love it! And I’ve recently upgraded the tubes in the S6 to the Gold Lion KT77 which kicks it up a notch.

1 Like