Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

This looks crazy nice :slight_smile: enjoy.

Surface Pro 4 Roon Core & DSD up-sampling > Curious USB > Uptone Regen & LPS-1 > iFi iDSD Black Label DSD512 DAC > Sennheiser HD800S

1 Like

I’m currently running Roon on a Korus Computer Audio music server (Win 10) into a Chrod Hugo TT DAC via an AudioQuest jitterbug and Furutech GT2 usb cable. The Chord outputs to an Audio Note Oto SE integrated amp and Audio Note AN-E/lx speakers

1 Like

Little update of my room.

10 Likes

Bought Roon and a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro for my old man, so that he can enjoy modern music streaming tech together with his vintage gear.

But it’s handy for when I visit too lol.

It’s kind of cool when 1970’s tech can play nice with 2017 tech and all sound great together.

This is the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro and official Pi 7" Touchscreen, running PiCorePlayer with the Jivelite VU Meter, powered by an Uptone UltraCap LPS-1. Sounds great!

12 Likes

Nice Sean.

1 Like

I got that idea of Jivelite with the Touchscreen from you! Thanks for that.

The old man loves the VU meter too.

I’m keeping an eye on the Ropieee screen development to see if it’s worth moving over from Picoreplayer.Interesting times.

1 Like

This just works with IPad Pro and QNAP TVS471 upstairs.

A very high WAF factor as it looks fine in situ, sounds great and is easily controlled for Roon and TV.

5 Likes

on a stand the sound is even better.

I have some lovely Olbach Sorbothan feet under it giving it a slight angle and the table is very solid wood.
I think placing is very important for this piece of kit.

This is my current setup:

Server: Macbook Pro tucked away
Setup 1 Desktop Headphone -> Macbook pro (server) -> Musical Fidelity V90-DAC -> Harmony Design Ear 90 -> Sennheiser HD650

Setup 2 Desktop Headphone: Same but optical out from my desktop computer into the V90 DAC and Harmony Design, this way I can switch between listening sessions but in the same seat.

Setup 3 Living Room: Hifiberry Digi + on RPi3 -> Dynaudio Xeo 2

System 4 Moving around headphone system: RPi3 -> Dragonfly Black -> Philips Fidelio X2

As an update: the same Mac Mini (late 2012) is still doing a great job running Roon core, but is now driving a Meridian 218 fronting the DSP5200SEs and a couple of B&W Zeppelin Air’s about the rest of the house.

On Holiday in Edinburgh and this is all you need. Wine, Nibbles, Sunshine and Carter Sampson

2 Likes

Nice laptop :wink:

1 Like

A splendid machine
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very nice and colorful laptop!

1 Like

I’m using Roon in six zones in our house: three Sonos and three Raspberry Pi. The Roon output in our loft listening room sounds the best by far. A Raspberry Pi (2nd shelf below) running DietPi and Roon Bridge is powered by an iFi micro iUSB3.0 via its second USB power output. The regenerated power and regenerated, re-clocked USB signal travel from the iUSB3.0 via a split iFi Gemini USB cable to an iFi micro iDAC2 DAC. An Emotiva XSP-1 analog preamp manages remote volume control and drives a pair of Wired 4 Sound mAMP monoblock power amplifiers which, in turn, drive Legacy Audio FOCUS SE loudspeakers. Speaker cables, interconnects, and power cables are all Straight Wire.

I was able to take advantage of Roon’s advanced DSP to transform the sound of my listening room. I have created FIR digital room correction filters using Acourate from AudioVero and uploaded them to Roon’s convolution engine. The sound and convenience are both incredible
by the far the best that I have experienced in any of my listening rooms!

Roon’s distributed architecture enables optimal sound quality by eliminating the noisy PC from the listening room and enabling tremendous convenience.

6 Likes

It’s interesting the two opposite and not exclusive ways one can enjoy Roon.
A super technical set that you describe which I am sure sounds amazing (I wouldn’t say no lol) and my basic Holiday set up on a cheap radio with Explorer 2 and a laptop (Thanks Russ) with a glass of wine and nibbles.

We were listening to Carter Sampson who coincidently posted on Facebook so I was able to send her a pic of S.W.M.B.O. Enjoying her CD ‘Wilder Side’ and we had a nice little exchange.

Music, and the people who make it and enjoy it are amazing when you think about it.

Chris :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hello together!

Last week I received my Allo Case and my Allo Volt+ with stepped Attenuator :smile:

They really look nice! And my first tests were great!
As loudspeakers I’m using open baffles with Visaton B200 and 15Inch Visaton BGS 40. This set up doesn’t need a lot of power as they are averaging about 98db/Watt.

And here you see the Allo Volt+ with stepped attenuator
=> this came preinstalled so just plug and play.

I’m now waiting for an adapter DC->DC that will fit my new 19.5V 90W Dell Laptop DC.
At the moment I’m still using an old 12 V DC which is not a very good choice for the Volt+

This is the Allo Case with a Raspberry Pi2 and an Allo BOSS Dac
=> powered by the Ropieee Image from Spockfish

But I’m really happy with this set up and looking forward for the sound with 19.5 Volt :sunny:

Great hardware thanks to Allo.com

Best regards
René

7 Likes