Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I am very intrigued by the consistence and persistence of the love given to that ancient, synchronous, correctionless S/PDIF link, throughout those nice systems.

I would have thought that the presence of an improved and more reliable technology would have taken over by now, outside of the specific uses because of legacy equipment.

Well, probably a touchy topic to introduce, knowing the audiophile world… Let’s leave my musing pending and not pollute this show of elegance!

1 Like

Aha, i see! Thats seems a clever solution, to achieve transparent fail-over.

Running Roon Core on my qnap nas station. The nas provides easily my music library for the Logitech Squeezeboxes (5 x Boom) for easy streaming the rooms of the house. For listening to music seriously I route roons audio signal to an audiophile sounding dual music pc system tweaked by must have software tools:

Control PC (WS2012R2, Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, Process Lasso Pro, jplay) --> dedicated LAN Connection --> Audio PC (WS2012R2, Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, Process Lasso Pro, jplay) --> DAC --> Pre Amp --> Mono Amps --> Stereo Speaker

I’m still wondering about the result and the on going improvements achievable by software.

I use an really old MIT Z Center Power Conditioner as main power supply.

Have fun listening to music! :blush:

Hi, what exactly is it you are controlling roon software with?

Thanks,
Rainer

This is a simple Acer Iconia tablet, the cheapest I could get.

My delightfully simple little Rooniverse:

6 Likes

My current humble Roon setup: Roon core on HP Microserver Gen 7 + Tidal HiFi + Synology RS 812

Wishlist:

Good looking HiFi racks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, the racks are quite old but still doing the job! :+1:t2:

Nothing wrong with the MIT I still use mine. It’s still doing Stirling service

here’s mine…

3 Likes

Love the geraniums! - but they look more like Mother-in-law’s Tongues to me…

2 Likes

Where are the Pis?

The sanseveria have been moved since I took the picture. Always flowers or plants on the speakers… they like music. Now there’s pots with geraniums. The sound’s better now :thinking:

2 Likes

I definitely feel that flowers in your listening room makes it sound better :grin:

I have personally found that grape vines growing around my cables make all the difference :joy::notes::notes:

Maybe I should shut up :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

It’s a wee bit difficult to balance pot plants on top of my Quad ESL57s - perhaps I should try hanging baskets instead?

10 Likes

Stuck in a drawer, next to the Cuboxes. :slight_smile:

The Bluesound stuff offers a neat box of tricks that are of value to me (remote control support, clean source switching, TuneIn radio, highly granular volume control, iOS applets, MQA, decent headphone amp to name just a few) and the Node’s S/PDIF out is good and clean.

Top be fair, I still have one Pi hooked up to the MiniDSP (2B with Allo DigiOne, linear PSU and DietPi/Ropieee) to keep up with developments and to tinker with whenever the mood strikes. It sounds great, but it does not offer the same convenience compared to the Bluesound boxes.

Music Doesn’t seem right without some romance. I pick up some cut flowers most weeks.

8 Likes

Just finalised my setup last week

Roon running on Windows 10 Intel NUC, attached at the back of the TV with Velcro :slight_smile:. Sharing space with Jriver (videos).
Western Digital 3To NAS in the kitchen under the sink (too noisy…)
HAF convolution filters for house curve / time-phase correction / reverb frequency adjustment / X-talk cancellation
Devialet Expert D200 Amp / Ethernet “Air” input.
DIY cable speakers “PTT”.
DIY Atohm EURUS speakers (2-way, 44-30Khz)
DIY subwoofers 20-45 Hz: 2 x Dayton RSS210 in closed box, STA-400D stereo amp, miniDSP 2x4 for Linkwitz transform and filtering

All this gear providing good vibes in my living room :smiley:

4 Likes

Our wives must be related :grin:

2 Likes