Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Beautiful.

In all seriousness I have to have some form of plant life in my listening room otherwise it’s so sterile, dusty and dry.

1 Like

Very neat!

1 Like

Setup with Miles jazzin’ out:

17 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Meridian Roon Extension

Cat and balloon … :grin:

4 Likes

My setup:

ROON running on Qnap 569L
Speakers: Audio Physic Virgo 25 & BK XXLS 400 sub.

And also a cat…:cat:, but she refused to pose…:joy:

9 Likes

Typical cat behaviour, next time :wink:

Our cat loved it on the Roonserver eeeh Mac Mini

At the moment I’ve taken my Roon abroad,
MBP -> Meridian Explorer -> Graham Slee Solo -> Beyerdynamic T1 for my desk,
wireless to an airport express -> Yamaha ‘Hifi’ set in the living.

12 Likes

That’s a lot of made-in-Quebec metal!

Roon, 64 bit, running on Windows 10; Audio files on a QNAP 870 Pro (both located outside of this room)
Roon iOS application running on a iPad Air 2.
Front right DSP speaker, digital processor and Buster the :cat:

Cat fans click here for a close up ...

Buster Sitting Pretty

14 Likes

Did the title of this thread change to “showing off your cat”? Did I miss something? :rofl:

8 Likes

I can tell this kitty is seriously spoiled :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ok back to setups. Still settling in and we can’t change too much in the interior so for now it looks like this:

Desk with Roon -> Meridian Explorer -> Graham Slee Solo -> Beyer T1

Living with Airport Express -> Yamaha and iPad as remote.

@RBM

Hi Rene,

I love the simplicity and effectiveness of your setup. I bet that miniDSP is doing amazing things with adjusting room response :-).

However, how do you deal with the audio delay introduced by the DSP? Correct me if I am wrong but I though that Dirac introduces some considerable delay (due to processing) so I guess that if you use the Bluesound app to play music, the Pulse 2 will be out of sync with the Merdian speakers? Roon can compensate for this of so I assume you can only play music in sync using Roon (not the Bluesound app)?

Cheers

After watching some incredible set ups I thought I’d show my Keep It Simple set up.

SWMBO artwork surrounds me also. Technically, what we have here is a NAS upstairs, a switch and a Cat5e cable Into a Bluesound Pulse 2.
Result. Audio loveliness.

P.S. I picked up a Russ Andrews Original Yellow mains cable at the Car Boot Sale for a mighty £2.00
Looks new. Fitted 5 amp bluesound fuse and away we go. I even think it sounds better but that’s for another day…

P.P.S. Those are my knees at the bottom

5 Likes

Hi Yannis,

The Pulse 2 is in our upstairs master bedroom, so I never group it with the Node 2.

As for the delay – I also route TV/NetFlix/ATV/DVD/BluRay through the MiniDSP – I never bothered to set any form of lip-sync, so the delay must be (very) small. Note: I rarely watch TV, series/movies even less, so I’m probably not the most critical observer here… :wink:

If delay is a problem for audio from the BS app, the Sync Adjustment Setting in Roon is your friend indeed.

1 Like

Hi all, my system consists of:

Sources:
Project Xperience X-Pack deck with Ortofon Rondo Red Cartridge.
Sonos Connect. (Lounge)
Sonos Connect (Kitchen)
QNAP HS 251+ silent NAS with two 6TB Western Digital Red drives RAID 1
Oppo BDP 105D
Mutec MC-3 + USB

Control:
iMac 5K 32GB running Roon Core
iPad Air 2 for remote control

Amps:
Devialet Expert 440 Pro
Rupert Neve RNHP headphone amp with custom 24V linear PSU
Creek CAS 4040 (Kitchen)

Transducers:
Sonus faber Olympica ll
Sonos Play 5 stereo pair (bedroom)
Q Acoustics 3020i (Kitchen)
Denon AH-D 5000
Sennheiser HD 800 with Cardas cable

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Thinking of going ‘budget’ and adding these to my Meridian Explorer2

Happy weekend everyone!
Here’s mine. No cat (yet) but there’s active lobbying going on by some members of the household…

For the Roon side of things, it’s Raspberry pi running DietPi in various rooms, fed from a MacMini and controlled by whichever iDevice is closest to hand

And there’s vinyl, quite a lot but somehow never enough…

6 Likes

:heart:️ The record player…

1 Like