Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Nice view, but that armchair is not in a good listening position :slight_smile:

2 Likes

View while sitting in armchair not optimum it seems either. :flushed:
But I’m guessing another angle will reveal a fantastic listening and viewing seating position.

I think that chair was for The Cat…

6 Likes

That’s a lovely setup, the 8K SEs standing guard to the beautiful view!

Hi dear Roon Community fellows,

I have been fond of Allo Products.
First I bought the USBridge and finely get rid of my “old, noise pc laptop”!
Well I’m still using it, but I have removed it from my Music Room.
It’s working better than before, since I only have the Roon Core on it and the remote control on my iPad and iPhone.
The Allo USBridge with Sparky have take it’s place and it works and sounds great :+1: okay, I have it grounded with Entreq USB cable into their smallest grounding box The Minimus. But it’s taking away every single noise…
I also use Entreq’s new Ethernet RG45 cable, also grounded to The Minimus Box.

Today I have ordered Allo VOLT+ WITH STEPPED ATTENUATOR AMP and Allo BOSS I2S DAC.
To use in my bedroom, I have a couple of speakers but not any other amp and dac! So we will see what speakers that I choose :blush:.
Of course does some Entreq grounding products, also be included in the new setup.

The Allo USBridge and Sparky looks like this!

The Entreq products like this, The Minimus Grounding Box, The USB Grounding Cable and The Ethernet RG45 Apollo.

404D5682-5EB4-4A34-9A08-2F7683524783

The new Allo amp and dac looks like this!

I shall put up photos of my Music Room and all it’s different things, I have tested a lot of different products lately!
So it’s a mess of cables and products, everywhere!
So I have to put my things on the wright place and remove, the products I have tested first!

Photos of my bedroom setup with my new Allo products, and speakers on it’s place will also coming soon.

All the best,
Anders

4 Likes

What a great view on the inside one has with this transparent cases.
I also like the wooden design of the Entreq products, never heard about this company before.

1 Like

That’s because they’re just that - wood! nothing else :wink:

2 Likes

It’s up to you what you think about Entreq!

Hi @Music-Friend
I have tested much of Entreq products for awhile now, and it’s Amazing that it’s doing.
Check out this link and if you have any questions please send me a message!

All the best
Anders

My peace

Synology NAS and Tidal > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i5 > KEF LS50w (Ethernet) with KEF Kube-1 sub, my dog and my girl

Simple and the most satisfying music experience I’ve had in years

footnote: you can see some of the recently retired system sitting patiently on the floor awaiting sale, including my Ayre Ax-5, Audionote DAC4, Logitech Transporter; Aerial speakers already out the door. it’s unlikely I’ll ever install another multi-box system, I’ve just grown tired of the complexity, regardless of SQ that can be achieved. I’m really quite satisfied with this simplistic version, where SQ is probably around 90% or better of a system costing near 10x and was so much harder to maintain and fit into my life.

13 Likes

my mans cage :wink:

as a Roon Bridge, the audiophonics ES9028Q2M with a kali reclocker in a custom aluminum
case (step files could be shared) running with moode 3.8.4, a leema acoustics pre- amp, a naim unitiqute 2 for normal upnp, an ifi I-tube for a smooth sound, 2 hypex mono - amps and
2 ELAC BS 312.

that’s all what I need.

2 Likes

Update: repurposed an old Meridian MS200 to drive my Linn system in the study:

3 Likes

MBL Xtreme speakers , MBL 9008A amps , Levinson No.52 preamp , dCS Vivaldi system , Transparent Reference XL connecting just about everything together . Roon running on a QNAP with 8Tb in SSD drives . Aurender W20 is a back-up with separate Woo headphone amps for electrostatic ( Stax 009 ) and planar/other headphones ( Abyss , Focal and HiFiMan ). Lots of power regulation from Richard Gray devices and customized linear power supples from YFS . Some digital correction in the low frequencies using DSpeaker ( a terrifically useful and flexible device ) .

a.

22 Likes

That looks to be a nice equipment rack. It is on sliders or low profile wheels to access the back of the rack to manage the interconnects and various connections?

I have a number of systems and each of the equipment cabinets backs into another room with rear doors to allow easy access to all connections . I’m too old to struggle with racks so I just build the cabinets into the walls and have done so for at least the last three decades . Makes life easy if you change things frequently .

I like it. My cabinet is on rollers. Your way is far better.

Holy moly, this is cool

1 Like

I guess I need to show the cat as well…
The cage on the side is for her friend the parrot during the summer.

15 Likes

John: Great looking system. Just out of curiosity are the fronts of your equipment facing into the other room so that the cords go out the back directly into the speakers, etc. (which would be a cool idea) or is this cabinent at the back of the same room that the speakers are in?

The cat is a quite important part of your setup…:joy:, the view is awesome…:+1:

1 Like