Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Some very nice and impressive setups!

Ah , painfully question. I’d love to have short runs to my speakers but it proved impractical . The Xtremes are tri-amped and I’m running two 10 meter lengths of speaker cable and one XLR cable from the back of my cabinet to the back of the speakers . It takes almost two meters to get to the upper binding posts on the Xtremes so even positioning the amps at the speakers , I’d probably only be able to save four or five meters .

Back hone, renovations completed, man cave bigger and better, wired Ethernet, dedicated mains, Naim fraim and SL2s expertly set up by Andy from Signals.

still living in a house full of boxes of which the man cave is no exception but this angle miises the clutter.

.sjb

17 Likes

Lovely set up Sloop! What are using for your Roon endpoint?

Rich

Updated my RoPieee LCD mount:

2 Likes

Thanks.

An ultraRendu.

.sjb

1 Like

Wow, that’s some system. The term Extreme seems apropos! Impressive. Can’t even imagine how it sounds.

Those speakers remind me of the entrance of the Guild Navigator in David Lynch’s “Dune” - only this time in stereo… :wink:

3 Likes

Never thought of that but you are spot on .

Most reviewers use some variant on " thrill ride " to describe the Xtremes . I’ve heard most and owned many of the top speaker systems over the years ( mostly electrostatics , e.g. , the Xtremes replaced Martin Logan Statements ) and there is nothing quite like the Xtremes . Their sweet spot is pretty much everywhere in the room . I often demo them using the SACD version of Dire Straits " Money for Nothing " or Hugh Masekela’s " Stimela " . If those cuts don’t raise goosebumps , you may be dead . Very intense .

3 Likes

Funny, @john_gish, that SACD of Money for Nothing is an audio club favorite. Pretty much every system demo I’ve attended includes tracks from that CD. I use it as a reference for system tuning and demos as well! First few tracks of Communique are excellent as well. Maybe we need a “system demo/reference tracks” thread!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Reference Tracks

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reference/Demo Tracks

A post was split to a new topic: Power Conditioning Discussion

Hey Everyone,

Really great seeing all the awesome Roon setups. Keep them coming.

However, let’s try and keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss specific components, etc., please start a new topic (or join and ongoing one).

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

A fellow Signals customer! and with an ultrarendu as well. I think Alister ought to stock them.:grin: It really brings out the best from chord dacs

Great looking system

1 Like

Wow, that is immense!

Out of your gear I’ve only heard the DCS stack, which makes lovely music. Even their Rossini is very good.

What does the cat think when you turn up those 8K SEs?!

She likes mellow saxophone.
Tom Waits not so much.

2 Likes

I miss the SL2, even after leaving Naim.

Very to find SL2 in the market.

1 Like