Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

After 35 days I think I’ve broken them in … MrSpeakers Ether C Flow’s are sounding awesome. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Now I’m done:

11 Likes

RoonShareImage-636532145939059870

Whoops, sorry, wrong thread… :joy:

Nice headphones setup indeed

14 Likes

Still room for a Prime PSU …

5 Likes

If you like TFF, you’ll also like Pre Fab Sprout!

Hey Rene,

You feed the DDRC’s digital signal to your 5200’s?? I own the DDRC-88A and I am trying to use HAF RC to remove that piece of hardware and avoid two more conversions…A>D and D>A…just trying to figure out how you use yours and how it fits into your system…

Cheers!

2 Likes

Yup. Signal is all digital to the 5200’s: Roon > Ethernet > Meridian MS200 > Speakerlink > Reviver > S/PDIF coaxial > DDRC-22D > S/PDIF coaxial > DSP5200.

As the DDRC-22D resamples anything to 96/24 while applying the Dirac filters, it’s a great match for the 5200’s.

20 Likes

Wow! Congrats on your really great gear!

1 Like

Wow I use an identical speaker set up
:clap:

1 Like

Love all these setups! There is a very satisfying design component to all these rooms and the equipment therein, goes to show how important it is to please both visual and auditory senses simultaneously!

My system includes the Roon server (DIY Windows 10 PC located downstairs) with Fidelizer serving my library from an internal HDD over WIFI to the SOtM sms-200 through curious USB cable and Regen into my Musette DAC, to the Wyred4Sound STP-SE (stage 2 upgrade) to the FirstWatt F7 amp and finally to the DeVore Fidelity The Nines speakers, controlled from my listening position with an iPad.

Roon (with Tidal) adds an entirely new discovery dimension to my listening, my own library (1400+ CDs ripped to FLAC) provides a much richer source than before since I would get in a rut listening to the same bunch of CDs, now I’m finding stuff I didn’t know I had. Great software!
Ron

13 Likes

My system right now.

4 Likes

9 Likes

My gear Lyngdorf DPA-1 pre amplifier.
Ucd-700 Dual mono amplifier.
Martin Logan Request loudspeakers.

Mac mini 2012. With windows server 2012. For roon core with ao plugin,with nas attached.
Custom windows computer downstairs with windows server 2012 and HQ-player for output and ao plugin.

both computers work in core mode, and have dedicated power supply’s.
Everything is connected with audioquest network kabels, apple extreme router
and netgear network hub with dedicated power supply.

Ipad Pro for handeling Roon.

Regen usb regenarator with dedicated power supply.

Network line filters from Pink Audio three pices, highly recomended for ultra smooth sound.
Usb filters from audioquest.

2 Likes

Great set up. Can i ask how you like the W4S STP-SE - thinking about it as a purchase!

R_S, I like it a lot, I’ve had tube (manley shrimp) and buffer (no gain First Watt B1) and fully passive preamps but this one is great because it acts as a buffer and adds gain when needed (has tons of inputs too). I mostly wanted to hear what my F7 amp could do, so I didn’t want any coloration, but I also wanted some additional gain when needed since that amp is only 20W (in fact I find I hardly ever need to go up to the volume level required to add gain!). Highly recommended. It is expensive to get with the upgrades new, but I bought used (or you could buy the regular version to assess, then upgrade as funds allow).

Plus your two gorgeous cats.

1 Like

Yea, verily!

Thankx there very lovely indeed and love to listen music with me.

1 Like

I just picked up one of these for my old man (dad). He’s obsessed with having MQA (I’m not that fussed) so now he can knock himself out with MQA, MQB (later) and comparing with Roon’s DSP and combining MQA with Roon’s DSP (later) etc etc. :smile:

I won’t be visiting him for a couple of weeks though, so it’s all mine to play with.

5 Likes

Fredrik, has the move from the silver pizza boxes been everything you expected?