Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

The Guitars stay in this house. They have to be handy to pick up and play along…

6 Likes

Here’s (part) of my Roon setup.

T+A R series amp and CD, Meridian MS 200, PMC DB1 speakers. The Roon ROCK NUC server lives in a network rack enclosure in a data room in the basement.

7 Likes

Just replaced a MacMini running Roon Core with Nucleus. Surprised at how much better it is. Noise floor dropped which reveals more detail.

Nucleus feeds bits to a dCS Network Bridge, then to Berkeley Reference 2, analogue out to Spectral gear and finally Wilson Alexia Series 2.

17 Likes

There is something about those speakers and all I can think of is a Dalek.:grinning:

.sjb

6 Likes

Just added the surprisingly great HomePod which works swimmingly with Roon.

NUC running ROCK (powered by Sbooster) to SOtM tx-USBultra (powered by SOtM sps-500) to Chord Hugo 2 to Hegel H160.

8 Likes

Gorgeous gear and setup. What’s feeding the Hugo2 (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Thanks. Added info to my post.

1 Like

13 Likes

14 Likes

New listening room!

iMac Roon Core -> Sonos Connect -> Marantz SR5006 -> Anthony Gallo Micro Ti + Sub (on mild settings).

Quite a nice sound, the Micro Ti’s are detailed for acoustic stuff, vocals can be a touch boxy.

Been lurking here for months before trialing Roon and considering upgrade to NUC Core, NAD 768 v3 and Argon 3S. Or KEF LS50W.

11 Likes

lovely room.

2 Likes

Once again, trying new combo for my secondary headphone listening point. Stumbled upon an almost new Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital on ebay for a very, very good price, couldn’t resist :slightly_smiling_face:

This setup is for late night with the closed MrSpeakers Æon not disturbing the rest of the family.
The Pro-ject works quite well driving the phones, although it seems to struggle a bit, I have to crank up volume to about -17dB. Fed from a Roon bridge, Raspberry Pi with DietPi.

For now, the Meridian Explorer² has been assigned to portable duties at the office for Tidal desktop listening.

4 Likes

Hey Daniel,
Which Totems are those? I have a pair of Mani-2’s that I moved to my Theater and am currently using the Scaansonic MB 2.5’s. I miss the accuracy of the Mani’s In my Reference System. I love Roon…
Using a ultraRendu via a Mac Mini with all Bryston Electronics.

12 Likes

Love the pic at the top with the guitar in it. Where’s your guitar amp? :slight_smile:

Hi Tobin,
It’s downstairs with the rest of the lot. That one has never been played. It’s autographed by Randy Jackson of the band Zebra. My sister won it at a fundraiser a few years ago.
I am a huge fan of the group. Not a dad but she surprised me one Fathers Day, I was blown away. My others are a ‘78 Strat, BCRich Mockingbird, Les Paul and a Danelectro.
I also have a couple of Taylor Acoustics. None of them get much use these days, too many life issues. I’ll probably never get rid of them though.
Mike

Very nice :slight_smile:

Yes, using them is the tricky bit. I have a Les Paul 58 VOS and a Tele Deluxe, beautiful guitars.

Hi Mike,

They are the new Tribe Tower which was released in November. I have owned other Totems and really love their sound and their imaging ability, which as a Totem owner you know that is one of the hallmarks of Totems. Amazing sounding speaker actually.

1 Like

NAD T777v3 has arrived, together with SVS SB 4000 sub.
They pair nicely with my Dali Rubicon LCR’s, Dali Fazon LRC and Dali Fazon SAT’s to create a humble and discreet 5.1 living room system.
Pics will follow when the cats feel like it. :grinning:

3 Likes

System update:

3 Likes

Current set up is:

Bryston BIT15 conditioner with Audioquest NRG power cables
Roon Lifetime Membership with Tidal
Intel Nuc717bnh with Samsung 960 Pro Drive & Kingston Hyper X Memory Card
Sonore Microrendu 2.5 with Uptone Audio Ultra LPS-1 & Sonore DC-4 Cable
Synology DS916+ NAS with 4xWD 6TB Red Sata drives
Audioquest Diamond USB/HDMI 72v DBS throughout/Vodka ethernet cables
Pakedge RE-2 Router/Pakedge SK8EP POE Switch
Bryston bda3 DAC to Arcam
Roon/Tidal really showcases everytIntel NUC BNB 717HMicro Rendu & Ultracap LPS-1Pakedge RE-2 RouterSynology DS916  NASAudiophilewayne setupBryston BIT15 ConditionerRoon Tidal menu AudiophilewayneArcam AVR850 ReceiverAudioquest Diamond USB CableSamsung 960 PRO

Equipment Rack