Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I get a lot of rolling eyes.

2 Likes

My daughter can play the sax.

3 Likes

My wife is pretty laid back but I think her eyes have been rolling since she met me :joy:

4 Likes

New living room PC desk and Roon Headphone station.

• NUC7i7BNH running Roon Rock
  • Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital
  • Aune X7s class A balanced amp with Aune XP1 LPS
  • RPi 3 running RoPieee with Audiophonics LPS
  • MrSpeakers ETHER C Flow
  • Corpse Cable GraveDigger 4 X 24 AWG Cardas shielded cable

7 Likes

My lounge office setup taking shape:

• Fostex TH900mk2 Headphones
  • Meridian Prime Amp/USB DAC +Prime Linear PSU
  • Allo USBridge + Ifi SMPS tucked away under the table
  • Surface Pro 2017 i5 8GB running Control Only
  • Meridian Explorer2 (hidden) feeding pc sound to Prime analogue inputs

Network gubbings in the closet:

• Intel NUC7i5 running Roon Rock
  • Netgear GS308 switch
  • WD MyCloud 3TB NAS
  • BT Homehub (FTTH)

5 Likes

That BT router is great for WiFi. I met a person who told me that was his last project before retiring from BT. He went on to say about the trouble they had to get marketing to agree because of the shape. But it needed room for correct antenna placement.

I’ve been very impressed with it and to be honest I’m not sure I could tell my wired setup now apart from when I was simply connecting via wifi. It is nice however to have ROON completely de-coupled from the PC so it can run all on its own.

1 Like

Thought I’d try HQPlayer properly for the first time with the Jussi recommended Pro-Ject S2 DAC. I’d bought one of these for my old man (dad) a while ago and liked it, so went for the same again for my tinkering with HQP. I’m running HQPlayer Embedded on a Dell i7-7700HQ. Very simple to get it setup.

And I’m amazed at how HQPlayer takes this great little DAC to another level. But it gets a little extra help from an ultraRendu and Uptone LPS-1.2 PSU…

5 Likes

I love how your have linear power and USB tweaks that costs 4 times more than the DAC itself. It would be interesting to compare this setup with a dac like Hugo connected directly to the computer USB.

3 Likes

Hehe you would be surprised at the improved performance with the add-ons, and it still comes in at a total cost below some other nice DACs I’ve tried… :wink:

Btw - no ‘USB tweaks’ in this setup. Just a Roon Ready endpoint/streamer (because Roon Core is in another room), DAC + PSU and cans.

Headphone system

Aries 1
Weiss DAC 202
Stax

6 Likes

Sweet. Stax… I approve :sunglasses:

Earspeakersystem

1 Like

HI all,

My set-up (combined stereo and HT) roughly consists out of the following equipment

Trinnov Altitude32, Parasound Halo JC-1s + A51 amplifiers, Synology DS918+, Oppo BDP-105
Fronts: Von Schweikert VR10-MKII system, Rears: Dynaudio Confidence C4, Sub: Velodyne DD-18
Projector: JVC DLA-RS55 and Stewart LX123HST13
Artesania Exoteryc 3L + 2 x Aire racks
And a lot of cables from e.g. Crystal Cable, AudioQuest, Nordost and Isotek

Set-up is placed in a dedicated room

Greetings, Jean Sibelius

16 Likes

Sweet. What are those on top of the amps. Look like a weight, sound damper?

Love the Dino skull

1 Like

My very humble third system for kitchen and outside

1 X Squeezeboxe Radio ( planning on building a pi based system for outside with Monitor Audio Climate 50’s when budget allows.)

6 Likes

Thanks! These are indeed weights/dampers that come together with the audio-racks. The philosophy is that if the equipment is acoustically excitated these dampers diminish the vibrations that occur in the equipment.

Me too :sunglasses:

Finally some use for my old dumbbells weights :smiley:

1 Like