Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I have that cartridge, the DynaVector Te Kaitora Rua, but the deep catalog of Tidal and the Naxos Music Library wins out over my rather small collection of vinyl, truth be told. I don’t have any more room for vinyl, and certainly will never equal all of the titles available online.

Cool diagrams

2 Likes

All diagrams should be credited with the app & platform that was used to create them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OK. Done…

Agreed! This would help me as I would like a crack at doing one.

As in my library is bigger than your library?

Nope. I have no shame in admitting my Library is quite small, by any standard. :wink:

1 Like

buy some cheap classical big boxes :wink:

1 Like

I have an Allo Digi one and it replaced my Sonos Connect if that helps for a comparison. Much better sound plus high Res file playback.

My system has the same maze of wiring mess too. :thinking:

No wonder, you overcompensate with extra-cool diagrams :+1: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Time for some reconfiguration of the listening room tonight. And it was long overdue.

Before:

After:

A little simplification. Who needs a VCR and a BluRay player in that room anyway???  TV does it all.

6 Likes

I was really early on to the very popular Peachtree + LS50 combination - Peachtree 125 (and later 220se) + LS50 (+ a pair SVS SB-2000 subs). Good fun that was.

Very nice system you have there !

Thank you. I think the 220se gets overlooked far too much as entry level that punches way above its weight class. But then I’m biased. And can’t afford anything better now anyway. Lol. I have a KEF-Kube 1 too but that is on long-term loan to the mom unit. Honestly though, the bass the LS50 makes is ideal for the music I listen to.

I generally move the speakers out from their place to listen but my listening room is serving as an impromptu animation studio for the summer so they huddle safely close to the wall for now.

1 Like

Don’t worry about that. In terms of musicality, that combination is right up there, so just enjoy :wink:

Mmmhmmmmmmmm. Thanks, brother.

1 Like

The thing people don’t catch on that amp is that all the internal connections use balanced audio and dual mono amps. It just sounds so musical, to quote you.

1 Like

Still having fun playing around with HQPlayer (Embedded), currently with iFi’s new xDSD DAC/amp.

To quote Rob Watts (and before the context police jump in, yes I’m taking this wayyy out of context :smile:):

"small is beautiful - small gives better RF filtering, shorter path lengths…"

But all jokes aside, I continue to be amazed at what is being done in smaller and smaller housings.

6 Likes

I want to get my hands on that new PS Audio sprout 100…

1 Like

Very happy with this setup. It’s our living room in a normal flat in Munich, which is the center of our family life and so far the compromise(s) works for all of us.

11 Likes