Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

The MS200 connects to my Meridian DSP3100 speakers via speakerlink.

The DSP3100 aren’t speakerlink are they?

This is true, I should have been more accurate in my description. I have a reviver.
Nick

Source: iMac 21.5 with Roon
Dac: Marantz SA8005
Amp: Luxman l-505s
Speakers: Canton Karat 720 on Atacama stands

5 Likes

Ah that explains it, thanks.

Philipp, i love your hifi racks. Do you have a link to them? Or home made? Thanks
Hugo

1 Like

Hi Hugo, these are two Line Phono Turntable Stations from the US (https://www.linephono.com/products/turntable-station). As I’m in Europe the easiest way was to order via Amazon. They come in a big, flat wooden box and you assemble them by yourself, which is easy and can be done alone. There are different color options, but the natural MDF matches my other furniture, so it was an easy choice. I can highly recommend them: they are functional, stylish and affordable.

4 Likes

Ah, amazing. Thanks for that. It looks to be a great product!

Sorry, the more i look the more questions i have. What are the grey plates all the electrical components are sitting on? And then there’s a different one for the record player?

I wrote here about my new simplified headphone rig.

2 Likes

Great read. You triggered some ideas here…

No worries, we are all here because we like to talk about our stuff. Or read about other peoples stuff.

These boards are meant to minimize vibrations (from and to the gear). The grey ones are SSC Flatbases, the one unter the Technics is a Thixar Entrance Phono base. Some people believe that these bases make a difference, some don’t. Same for the IsoAcoustics ISO-PUCK Shock Absorbers you see under most of my gear. Anyhow, I think it looks cool, and it’s definitely not making the sound worse.

What clearly and audible makes a big difference are the IsoAcoustics Gaia under the speakers. There I hate the look, but can’t help it - they must stay, as my ears demand it.

2 Likes

Ahh i didn’t even notice those on the speakers. Thanks for the tip!

And love how concise the system is. Server, record player and good to go.

Emotive amp and pre, Oppo 205 for Dac, Hsu research woofer, ultra Rendu, LLP-1,JBL100s

High spousal approval factor and I’m happy with the SQ.

4 Likes

That looks very nice, particularly considering you’ve sneaked in a pair of L100’s discretely! :slight_smile:
I’m sure it sounds luverly!

1 Like

Miss my SCD-1

Very nice. I assume your 50s are active? May I ask which footers you are using under the stand, the round silver one?

Retired my Raspberry Pi / Pi Lite endpoint in favour of a Bryston BDP-1USB - which surprised me with the difference it made with the Meridian Explorer 2. Clearly not all USB outputs are created equal.

The Meridian is moving to my office system (with a c. 1974 Yamaha CE-1000 receiver and Rogers LS4a speakers).

The Chord Qutest here is on demonstration - but what a remarkable device. It’s a close run thing between it and the Marantz NA11-S1 as my new DAC. Preamp is a Meridian 502, and you can probably make out my Marantz UD7007 SACD/blu-ray player. Out of shot is my turntable (modified Technics 1210 with SME 309), Arcam P1 mono blocs and B&W 804S.

6 Likes

He’s already said in post:997

I, on the other hand, am intrigued by what looks like bamboo blocks underneath, as I have a pair of ATC 100s and am always looking for ways to improve their stands. Any info @Philipp_Schaefer?

cool, I have a pair of 100A as well.

As @Highfi pointed out, these are Isolators from IsoAcoustics, the Gaia I, to be precise. They can handle the weight of a 100A, and I guess they actually would look better than beneath the 50s. They come with all needed equipment to mount them below your stands.
If there’s any way to get a set to try it out, I’d recommend to do so. Depending on your floor it can make an enormous difference.