Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Correct…at least it doesn’t stand for anything about the arm…I have an SL-7 still and its working after several arm belt changes and I even wired a remote control many years ago when I got it in the mid-late 80’s…but thats removed now. I have an SL-1100 too and a couple other tangential tracking (linear) arm setups too, Beogram 8000, Sony model escapes me and a DIY Lenco 75 based base and Terminator Pro arm https://www.trans-fi.com/terminatortonearm.htm

A bit difficult for me to answer that question since I don’t own those speakers. The reason Primaluna has relatively low output power is because they run the screen voltages on the tubes very gently (enhances tube lifetime). They generate power by using three big ass toroidal transformers. There is allot of authority in the sound.

However if the power output is a concern then you can go for the Dialogue Premium HP, which has double the amount of output tubes as the standard dialogue integrated. These will surely put those Graham’s to work.

Server: i7 Nuc
Endpoint: dCS Vivaldi One
Control: iPad Pro

22 Likes

Slick. :+1:
What are those transparent panels?

Thanks. They are acoustic diffusors, so called V-wings. I have two, taking care of first reflexes on side-walls and four behind my listening position. They make a huge difference in my room!

4 Likes

i have GL KT77s in my Icon Audio ST40. anyone that has a KT88 or EL34 compatible amp should give them a try.

5 Likes

Yep, they are awesome!

Dreamcouple ARC - Wilson…:+1::+1:

1 Like

@Anthro What tool/program did you use to get a visual representation of your setup? I’ve seen several others in this thread and am curious as to what is being used to do this. Thanks.

That would be Apple Keynote.

1 Like

Love that reel to reel, too.

1 Like

Got new speaker stands for my ATC SCM 19s! Will soon get a new HiFi rack and, most importantly, hard-wiring of the house with Ethernet should be finished end of this week. Looking forward to reliable streaming!

7 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Retiring the house with Ethernet

It’s been a long time since my initial post on this forum and there have been a number of changes since, so:

Remote is an iPad pro, with the monitor being used more for editing and tinkering.

19 Likes

Nice, a fellow Lampi owner :sunglasses:
Is yours a balanced Atlantic Plus?
With a EML mesh 274b (or is it a 5U4G?) recti?

And Vivid Audio B1, cool Speakers :+1:

Is the Classé the amp?

Thanks Christoph. Yes it is indeed a balanced Atlantic Plus, well spotted! I originally had the KR 5U4G rectifier tube but swapped it out for the Emission Labs 274b, which is the one in the picture. The amp is a Classe CAP-2100, and I am happy with the Vivid B1 speakers. What’s your Lampi? Any tips on how to improve it further? I read that it is sensitive to the power cord, but have just used my Nordost Wyrewizard so far.

Does your Classé “want” to see balanced?
I ask because most balanced Lampi owners I know change back to single ended, but those did it for easier/cheaper tube rolling with the output tubes.

Funny regarding your recti tube. I got my Lampi delivered with the EML mesh 274b and changed to the white ceramic base anniversary KR 5U4G because I like the KR recti much more and sold the EML one.
Just now I bought the Riccardo Kron Limited Series KR 5U4G which is another step up soundwise.

I have a Golden Gate (1) DAC that I absolutely love but some friends of mine and I made a shoot-out between GG1 vs. GG2 vs. Pacific and the Pacific DAC is another step above the GG1.
The Pacific DAC is quite a lot more transparent than my beloved GG1, while maintaining that wonderful organic and palpable tone that my GG has.

You are right about the sensitivity to power cables. I have a solid core German SilentWire AC16, but my friends higher up Shunyata or higher up NBS also sound excellent on the Lampi DACs.

We also got extreme good results with the quite affordable Final Touch Audio Callista UBS cable :+1:
The FTA Callista made the Wireworld Platinum cable sound broken in comparison :flushed:
Really the bargain of the century among USB cables :wink:

I see/hear the KR recti quite a step above the EML one. Do you still have the KR recti?
Maybe you can give it another try :wink:

The Head-Fi station… I am working on a 2-channel system, but I am mostly a headphone listener, today.

Roon runs on the MacBook Pro to the left, then ethernet into the Bryston BDP-1 + Bel Canto DAC, then into an NAD preamp and out to a pair of head amps (Lehmann and Woo). My collection of tubes and 'phones are in the cabinet above the desk.

7 Likes

My old NUC Rock and new fanless server based on 8th i7 nuc

8 Likes

Nice chassis, what case is that, the new server that is?