Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Congrats Chris! I had been eyeing these myself, but decided not to engage. Glad to see these found a good home – hope you enjoy them for many years.

2 Likes

Only the big 50 for me just after new year. Was looking to upgrade my speakers but can’t go that high yet. Get rid of Mortgage and maybe.

Yep, good idea. Get rid of morgage ASAP and then, who knows…

It’s the perfect room to watch Thunder games! Always a good time, speaking of which, I’ll be watching them play Denver tonight! You should cross the pond and join me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Roon Nucleus
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital
Luxman L-550AX I Integrated Amplifier
XTZ 99.38 Speakers
ExactPower EP15A

7 Likes

Is that the one your Atlantic came with originally?
if yes, that is a decent recti, but not in the league of the KR 5u4g anniversary white ceramic base recti, let alone the RK KR 5u4g which is another step above the anniversary version.
Do you prefer the EML mesh 274b over the 5U3C?
Did you sell the KR 5u4g?

Wow, that is a pretty case. How warm does it get?

Warm to the touch but not hot. It’s not being pushed though. Checked the bios last night and it gave reading of 37 degrees c.

1 Like

It’s also very tough, they showed a car running over it on their site :sunglasses: it’s also the cheapest I have seen for a fully assembled fanless gen 7 i7. Top customer service to.

1 Like

The cupboard hides an array of other sins, including a snakes wedding of cables.

6 Likes

YBA Passion Power Amplifier
Sugden Master Class Pre amp
PSAudio Dsd with Bridge II being fed by Roon
Chario Sovran Academy speakers

7 Likes

Have you gone for a Naim for music listening and an Arcam for surround? If so, soes that mean you have a separate set of 5.1 surrounds or do you link the Naim to the Arcam for centre channel?

I’m currently contemplating this one!

As I said, a sorry tangle

2 Likes

Wow, if you think that is a tangle, I cannot imagine what you would think about the disaster of wires behind my TV/kit rack. I looked yesterday and its insane, I must try and get a picture.

Nope for 5.1 I use the Atom essentially as a power amp to drive the front speakers only so I get pure stereo for music and 5.1 for movies, with one 5.1 setup.

So the Arcam feeds into the line in of the Atom and I have this input set to AV Fixed volume which is essentially setting it as a prein and this allows the Arcam to control the voulme of AV.

Just the two floorstanders are connected to the Atom, all the rest to the Arcam AV. Then it’s just run the DSP calibration on the amp and this adjusts for the differences in amplification between for 5.1, and music is handled without on the Atom using inbuilt Roon, UPnP or cd. Works well for my needs.

1 Like

The real drag is that by the time you can afford it ( mortgage etc) yours ears are shot…

4 Likes

Can it be seen, if not don’t worry

Who ever describes Wireless Audio

1 Like

That is one of life’s bitter ironies although my hearing is fine and maybe I am lucky.

That’s interesting. I’m considering a Naim Star into some Dali Rubicon LCRs and I bet it will also support AV Fixed, which I didn’t realise you could do. Either that or a NAD 758 to do all speakers, replacing my current Marantz 5006.

All the Naim amps have the AV fixed volume.