Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

My ears don’t see the cable mess…or hear it as far as I can tell :blush:

However I do change my system around a lot so things get moved often and I do go through every 6 months or so and do a proper clean up…which is happening now.

1 Like

As Nyquist already said. From a technical point of view, there are few arguments. In the course of my life, I have become more and more straightforward, I love the order of things. That does not always make dealing with me easy for my fellow human beings. On the other hand, my clients appreciate that I’m unquestionably meticulous.

My wife always says that I am the loveliest autist she knows. And I’m glad she learned to let me life my way. Which is vice versa. :wink:

That’s an incredible advantage. It would haunt me in my sleep.:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Like your room…:ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

But might acoustically be a nightmare. At my brother’s place with similar open ceiling it is, church like with a lot of reverb. Did not see much damping in @StereJo ’s room.

The concern is unfounded. The measured reverberation time corresponds (almost) to that of my living room.

I was inspired by the cable chaos, or no cable chaos, and snapped a picture of my hidden mess. This year I have come a long way in making it look quite nice. Even though it looks a bit messy from above it’s mostly in good order. The Auralic Aries G2 helped clean things up by a lot.

If you compare to my earlier pictures (Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos) you’ll see that most of this is hidden from sight – even though the bench is an open design.

5 Likes

Good work… I’m so pleased everything is working in my system, I’m not going to risk a tidy up just now :joy:

1 Like

That doesn’t really look bad :sunglasses: thumbs-up

A good buddy of mine had the standard rat’s nest of unmanaged expensive cables behind his rack, which his dog was sick on! Now, that’s got to ruin your weekend…

2 Likes

I hate cables mess, so i ordered custom shelf to hide cables as it is possible

8 Likes

Very cool setup dej.

Are you feeding your Genelec’s via the analogue XLR outputs from your Matrix DAC?

Mere armateur in cable chaos world, try harder and take some detention…

Yours is quite organized compared to my mess,

6 Likes

So many things! How many speakers are you driving with that?

4 Monitor Audio Gold Reference 20
2 Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10
2 Monitor Audio Gold Signature Surrounds
1 Monitor Audio Gold Reference LCR Center
Martin Dynamo Subwoofer

The GR 20s, and GR10s are for stereo listening
The others are employed during 5.1 surround / multi channel audio duty.

Those pictures were right after I had straightened it up a bit. Looks MUCH worse now. A bowl of spaghetti would be easier to untangle.:grinning:

2 Likes

Here is my new bundle of joy - Amps and Sound Kenzie Encore.

DAC is a Meridian Prime Headphone amp/DAC connected (USB) out of the Imac.

Spendng a little more time in the headphone world these days.

2 Likes

yes, analog over xlr.

@Chrislayeruk

I love this setup. I wish I’d have thought of a letter box when I was doing a friend’s in-wall install recently, instead of one of those furry grommet plates.

What are those platforms your SEs are standing on?

1 Like

:blush:

1 Like