Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I got those weights from a local cheapy-cheapy shop. There just to hold the raspberry pi and dac in place. Because of the fairly rigid cable between them, there all over the place:grin:

1 Like

Ok. Saw Darko use something similar but had no idea what it is. But that sounds clever, The RPis keep moving around.

1 Like

I bought some from Lidl but only use them for doors lol

1 Like

I don’t think your DSP5200SE’s are gonna be sliding around under cable weight any time soon :grin:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: If they do, the earth really did move :joy:

1 Like

My set on the photo is completely connected to both my sources which are Cary Audio DAC DMS-500
and my reference DMC-600SE . I must admit that the Roon software not only makes it so informative and open endless music sources from all around using the Roon+Tidal which is a stellar combination.
The Roon simply improve the sound in so many ways and all I can say is B R A V O !
My huge stereo setup needed Roon in order to fully enjoy listen to so much geners of music in a superb
quality and clarity… I Love Roon …
this is my set up which include the Rex 2 By B.A.T both the PreAmp and the MonoBlocks …
I am using all cables by Purist Audio The Dominus new Line in all connections .
Here is a photo of my stereo with a remote Roon install on Samsung Tab… My core Music (133000 tracks)
is based on an IMac as main storage… All I miss in Roon excellent software is a Theather View option…
This will make it PERFECT… Just imagine that presentation of all the information Roon provide in a slick show during the playback… GO AHEAD ROON AND MAKE OUR DAY !!!
Enjoy the music all guys.

9 Likes

You need a Manfrotto Tripod next :joy:Looks a lot of fun…

Saw Darko’s doorstops, Amazon has them.

This must be the audiophile version. :wink: ($114.59 USD)

2 Likes

Finally, something cheaper in Aus than the US.

1 Like

I’m seeing $64.41 USD. You must be looking at the de-oxygenated gold-plated version.

2 Likes

£8.99

1 Like

Love my Merdian Explorer I and II. At $199, the Explorer II (MQA if you care) is a great value. Have a handful of other DAC/Amps but seems I return to Merdian & my ROON pkg.

4 Likes

You look at the proven Small Green Computer i5 sonicTransporter yet? = highly recommend on all (user & SQ) accounts.

Just discovered how to do basic video editing today - so decided to buck the trend and upload a system video instead of photos:

16 Likes

Nice…gave you your first like in YT

Why does your username sound so familiar…???

Nice chessboard :wink:

1 Like

I got the receiver for free yesterday so i`m making it my headphone amp in my new headphone corner. Stole the Ropieee from my kids room, he only listens to Spotify anyway. :smile:

2 Likes

No, haven‘t heard of it. Interesting, will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Who are you referring to wizardofoz?