Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

@Cantodea Excellent set-up. Can you describe in details how you are using Dirac together with the nuc? Are you using the nuc with roon Rock installed? Or Roon core is running for a remote pc? Thanks a lot

1 Like

Yes @Cantodea love to hear the integration of Dirac Live and NUC.

Looking at the 4th picture, it looks like patterned wallpaper.

Just in time for 2018 to close and to enjoy long winter nights listening to music I doubled down and now upgraded to Devialet Expert 400 with Roon. B&W800 D2s as before.

24 Likes

Awesome. In past demo’s, this was my favourite integrated driving the 800D2’s (to my ears/tastes).

gorgeous room.

Not mine, but had to share!

14 Likes

As an aside is Dirac Live much better than using REW generated filters with Roon?

Yes, so do I lol :slight_smile: My room is symmetrical - do you still think Dirac live will be much better?

10 Likes

Where’s the mobile absorber? (the dog) :smiley:

Hello, Roon and Dirac is installed on the NUC that is running Windows 10. For now it is the only way to use Dirac. With the coming of Dirac 2 next year, thing will be different. For what I know now, it should be possible to load the Dirac correction files (VST or so) into Roon. However, you need a pc with OSX or Window 10 to run the test and calibration software. Also, there are more and more hardware solutions like minidsp but also some pre-amplifiers like the forthcoming NAD C 658. It will have BLUOS, Roon endpoint, full MQA and Dirac on board. It is highly on my list for next summer.

Still ‘zorbing up the frequencies
The man of the house.

13 Likes

Lovely! :slight_smile: He looks like a Leonberger, or possibly a Serra da Cabo da Estrela?
If you feel like it, post him here too?

1 Like

3 Likes

Sheesh what a lovely dog :blush: :dog: Congrats!

1 Like

I have tried REW/Convolver, HAF and Dirac. In my opinion Dirac is still the best. REW/convolver is free and is therefore a very good alternative, but it’s not at the same level of Dirac. HAF, hmmm… I tried it over and over again and alltough it isn’tbad and for some of us it will be more tha enough, I like REW and Dirac more, because I can modify the filters myself. With HAF you have to ask Thierry (which is a great guy) te redo a filter if you are not satisfied.

It would be nice if you could see the top half of Jimmy’s and Robert’s heads!

And how do these compare to room treatments, do you think?