Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I agree…

This isn’t the proper place to criticize someone’s setup.

7 Likes

I agree. Fantastic looking speakers!

My very advanced sketch

16 Likes

Which CAD program did you use? :grin:

4 Likes

You do know that its illegal to employ children in unpaid work, or any kind of work in many countries. That said, I would not pay anyone for your “Sketch”

1 Like

Beautiful sketch.

I’m also on Anthony Gallo, but have the Micro Ti’s. They’re good but not quite beefy enough at the front and centre. How are the Strada’s and the Adiva’s?

My good lady isn’t keen on me buying Dali Rubicon LCRs so thinking about the Adiva’s as an upgrade.

A few words and photos to my rig:

Roon rock is running on my NUC7I7BNH 8GB with 128GB M.2 SSD. The library is on the internal 1GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, connected via LAN to my router under the roof…

…the stream goes over 5GHz WLAN to my RPi3+ running ropieee and with allo DIGIONE Signature HAT, powered by a custom made LiFePo4 5.000mAh A123 Systems ANR26650M1B battery pack on the “clean side”…

…connected via BNC to my Chord Dave DAC…

…from there to my self made DCB1 Preamp, based on the B1 Buffer Preamp by Nelson Pass (the AUDIONET MAP I is only for Surround Sound)…

…now to my self made Tube Single Ended Ceasar 2 mono block amps, based on the circuit by Dick van de Merwe, with my beloved Royal Princess™ 300B from Sophia Electric™…

…and finally to my Avantgarde Acoustic Duo Omega Horns.

Cheers…

25 Likes

@dvb-projekt :star_struck: very nice.

My Darko Doorstop Stack.
Waiting for my vintage Technics SU-8600 to returning from being refurbished.

6 Likes

Hi Tobin,

I bought these without auditioning them. They had to be overwhelming (for me) with a small footprint in our room (for my wife). You probably are familiar with that.
I could hardly get them in the Netherlands, so after some research I bought two A’Divas on the internet for our dining room. That turned out quite well. My wife loves both the sound and the looks and I really like them sound wise. So much that we decided for Anthony Gallo as our speakers of choice.

I really like them and they are beefy enough, but you have to remember they only go to about 80Hz, attached to the wall even less. So we ended up with a subwoofer in both rooms. In the dining room we generally listen to the radio and TV and we don’t use de subwoofer on a regular basis, they are quite good as I said.

I never heard the micro’s, so can’t help you with that. The Strada’s are another class but that won’t surprise you. Regards!

1 Like

Hint: you should provide the DS218+ with 4GB extra and add an external ssd at the Synology and install Roon on it. I mean not having Roon on the same hard-disc as your music files

Hi Fernand,
Thanks for the tip, just what I did but I failed to draw it in my sketch. If I remember correctly that was the advice in the installation guide. We have 5 physical zones (rooms) and a plethora of mobile gear and everything runs smooth with Roon.
Enjoy the holidays!

Yes, it was advised somewhere, still it would be better to have it on a Nuc.
Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear

Fernand

Steve Wilson had really good sound at his concert actually.

1 Like

The halls are decked… lol

4 Likes

The good old ‘Darko Doorstep stack’. He’s going to love that!!

1 Like

I wanted both streaming and music files all in one place with a touchpad remote. I decided to dedicate a MacBook Pro for that sole purpose with its terabyte hard drive space for music. So Roon Core sits on the laptop ready to go with Roon remote on the ipad (which is also dedicated) gets me to all my music easy peasy. By the way, do yourself a favor and Enable “Guided Access” in your iOS settings and your iPad and the Roon app are locked so it’s the only app running. For the rest of the system I use a Logitech unifying remote for control of the Rotel integrated amp, LG TV, Xfinity cable box, Apple TV, and Xbox.

3 Likes

always thought the 500 series was Alan Boothroyd’s best design.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. That’s why I keep them. The 518 is used for TV and DAB inputs. I add gain. 596 for CD occasionally. They look so so good…

3 Likes