Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Just got my Mac Mini i7 today (6-core, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD internal storage). It sits in my office, my library is on a Samsung 2 TB SSD and it streams music via Ethernet Cat 7a to my Devialet Expert 120 two floors downstairs. It is remote-controlled with my iPad Mini. Library management and display is lightning fast!

Right out of the box, it sounds sweet. I might have to adjust some parameters still, but I like the sound very much. I have the impression that I hear highs just a tad better than when streamed from my MacBook Pro. But I need to do more careful listening. Sweet sounding unit anyway!

3 Likes

Many thanks for the info. I’m going to speak to AG :slight_smile:

Congratulations, I’ll be ordering one in the New Year too. Happy Holidays.

Happy Holidays to you too! And enjoy that little thingy once it arrives!

Are the Phantoms Roonready?

No.

/10chars

Not yet… it’s promised soon.

I can imagine. I really like his albums and also the remastering he does. I hope to see him playing live sometime in the future.

2 Likes

Moon Neo M400 monoblocks - Moon Neo 350P preamp - KEF R11 loudspeakers with dual SVS SB13-ultra subs - Auralic Vega G2 streaming DAC (Roon Endpoint) - Auralic Leo GX External Clock - Roon Nucleus+ core. :+1:

1 Like

From the Action? :slight_smile:

Only Expert Pros have been announced as becoming roonready.

Stands to reason Phantoms would be done too at that point, but Devialet have publicly said not.

In the mean time I’m enjoying the Phantoms way more than I should. Temporary measure:

I’ll be ordering this today and be done with it:

7 Likes

Seems you have made your decision to keep the Phantoms :slight_smile:
Congrats! Nice peace of furniture. Did you try with your temporary shelfs to place the Phantoms where they will be once you have the new furniture? This will assure you approximately how they will sound.

Where did you find this goodlooking piece of furniture?

Google is your friend: https://www.zen-lifestyle.nl/tv-dressoirs-tv-meubelen/tv-dressoir-stan-240.html

1 Like

A little listening station.

CCA>magni>massdrop 6xx

1 Like

Yup! From that illustrious company:grinning:

Yup – @seagull is correct.

Mine will be delivered mid next week.

This is more or less where they will end up once the cabinet is in place. The photo is taken from my listening position.

The dinosaur eggs still sound great. I’ll have to think about whether I should keep the MS200 (Meridian) as endpoint or change it out to something else (Baby Ambre springs to mind). Worries for later. :slight_smile:

+1 I’ve owned 800 series for a while, love the sound but not the aesthetics. I keep pondering the idea of making a custom 500-style case. One day…

1 Like