Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos

(Scott Rose) #1835

Moon Neo M400 monoblocks - Moon Neo 350P preamp - KEF R11 loudspeakers with dual SVS SB13-ultra subs - Auralic Vega G2 streaming DAC (Roon Endpoint) - Auralic Leo GX External Clock - Roon Nucleus+ core. :+1:

(René) #1836

From the Action? :slight_smile:

(Steve) #1837

Only Expert Pros have been announced as becoming roonready.

Stands to reason Phantoms would be done too at that point, but Devialet have publicly said not.

(Rene Bouwmeester) #1838

In the mean time I’m enjoying the Phantoms way more than I should. Temporary measure:

I’ll be ordering this today and be done with it:

Seems you have made your decision to keep the Phantoms :slight_smile:
Congrats! Nice peace of furniture. Did you try with your temporary shelfs to place the Phantoms where they will be once you have the new furniture? This will assure you approximately how they will sound.

(Dick Vliek) #1840

Where did you find this goodlooking piece of furniture?

(Wim) #1841

Google is your friend: https://www.zen-lifestyle.nl/tv-dressoirs-tv-meubelen/tv-dressoir-stan-240.html

(Derek Wyman) #1842

A little listening station.

CCA>magni>massdrop 6xx

(Cees Vreugdenhil) #1843

Yup! From that illustrious company:grinning:

(Rene Bouwmeester) #1844

Yup – @seagull is correct.

Mine will be delivered mid next week.

(Rene Bouwmeester) #1845

This is more or less where they will end up once the cabinet is in place. The photo is taken from my listening position.

The dinosaur eggs still sound great. I’ll have to think about whether I should keep the MS200 (Meridian) as endpoint or change it out to something else (Baby Ambre springs to mind). Worries for later. :slight_smile:

(Claire Fox) #1846

Yes he is a leonberger, big fluffy lump.

Here’s an angle you don’t see often… you see, our pupper never really learned how to use the spiral stairs without anxiety, so I put a duvet where he likes to sleep as close to where he can be with us as possible. It’s great we have a room to ourselves (and we often sleep downstairs to be with him) but right now I have a chest cough and my chest is happier for less dog hair…

(James) #1847

+1 I’ve owned 800 series for a while, love the sound but not the aesthetics. I keep pondering the idea of making a custom 500-style case. One day…

(Páll Silvan ) #1848

Have you tried it out yet ? is it super quiet ?

Oh yes, it’s up and running. I had a problem in getting it to work with high-resolution files, but it was my mistake of plugging the Devialet into the wrong Ethernet LAN. So not a problem of the Mac mini, but man made :roll_eyes:

The Mac mini works like a charm, it is turned on all the time, gets hardly warm, it is incredibly fast, and it reacts almost instantaneously with the iPad remote. It is super quiet, at least when doing routine work, and the fan never went off. My listening room is two floors downstairs, so I do not monitor the Mac during listening sessions. But I’ll keep an eye on it when working with the computer while Roon runs in the background.

The sound is sweet, I really, really like the setup I have with the Mac mini.

I’d rather say some MBL‘s look like Dalek, whereas Wilson Audio speakers tend to look like coming from Darth Vader‘s plant. :upside_down_face:

(Rene Bouwmeester) #1851

Es ist vollbracht:

I’ve got a Baby Ambre by Metrum on pre-order to pipe in some RoonReady goodness, but otherwise I’m done.

My new year’s resolution is more music, less gear. Still not sure if this is a good or a bad start… :wink:

(Oliver Mai) #1852

@RBM Looks great!

(Rene Bouwmeester) #1853

It sounds the part as well… :wink:

That’s the way to go… Congrats on your new speakers and the awesome-looking piece of furniture.:+1: