Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Have you tried it out yet ? is it super quiet ?

Oh yes, it’s up and running. I had a problem in getting it to work with high-resolution files, but it was my mistake of plugging the Devialet into the wrong Ethernet LAN. So not a problem of the Mac mini, but man made :roll_eyes:

The Mac mini works like a charm, it is turned on all the time, gets hardly warm, it is incredibly fast, and it reacts almost instantaneously with the iPad remote. It is super quiet, at least when doing routine work, and the fan never went off. My listening room is two floors downstairs, so I do not monitor the Mac during listening sessions. But I’ll keep an eye on it when working with the computer while Roon runs in the background.

The sound is sweet, I really, really like the setup I have with the Mac mini.

4 Likes

I’d rather say some MBL‘s look like Dalek, whereas Wilson Audio speakers tend to look like coming from Darth Vader‘s plant. :upside_down_face:

Es ist vollbracht:

I’ve got a Baby Ambre by Metrum on pre-order to pipe in some RoonReady goodness, but otherwise I’m done.

My new year’s resolution is more music, less gear. Still not sure if this is a good or a bad start… :wink:

38 Likes

@RBM Looks great!

1 Like

It sounds the part as well… :wink:

1 Like

That’s the way to go… Congrats on your new speakers and the awesome-looking piece of furniture.:+1:

1 Like

Super! Will we see you over on Devialet Chat…?

1 Like

Speakers: LX Mini
Amp: ATI 1505
DAC/Digital crossover: miniDSP 2x4HD
USB Cleaner: Schiit Wyrd
Roon Controller/Player: MSI Cubi3 Silent connected via Gigabit Ethernet.
Turntable: Fluance RT-83 (connected to the analog inputs of the miniDSP, switching from USB by remote control.
Rack: Lovan

Not pictured: 12TB QNAP NAS.

This is my entry livingroom setup that includes the controller. I have also 2 other Roon endpoints using Lumin D2 DAC/Streamers, one in a family room and the other in a dedicated home theater room. The controller has no problem managing all at once.

12 Likes

I registered about a week ago – but it’s not a lively place, is it?

Not like Devialet chat was a few years ago. I used to own at first a D200 moved on to D400 and finally upgraded to 440Pro but sold it and got a complete TAD system. Still have a single Silver Phantom in my second system so I check in at the chat sometimes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very nice Rene.

Please straighten your :framed_picture:

:grin:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Now you need a larger TV

4 Likes

That was the first thought that crossed my mind.

I really like the clean setup.

1 Like

Nah… If anything, it could be smaller. Neither my wife nor me are big watchers.

It was selected carefully for how it looked when turned off. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still using Dirac? Or Roon bitperfect to the Phantoms/Dialog?

How do you like the Fluance? I am digging what they are doing at Fluance. As a turntable fan and restorer, I usually lean toward vintage tables, but Fluance seems to be doing good things at very reasonable prices.

I’m very satisfied with the Fluance turntable. Just the default setup works great. Of course, you have to manually assemble it and calibrate the arm weight, which is tedious and time intensive, but conceivably only a 1-time thing to do. I have it connected to an Emotiva XPS-1 phono pre-amp (not depicted) and then to my miniDSP. Excellent quality.

1 Like

It looks like you have slightly toe out the Phantoms? I have mine toe in to the sweet spot. Any particular reason or are they heading straight and the impression of toe out comes from the camera optics? Very nice setup!