Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

My setup is pretty straightforward. My front-end player is a C.A.P.S PIPELINE feeding a DCS Debussy DAC. For data storage, I have a 20TB SAN running RAID 60 using 4 Gig-E LAG’s (802.3ad link aggregation) at the SAN. Infrastructure is all Cisco Gig-E capable Switches (with other security equipment). The amplification and preamp are Boulder 2000 Series, and speakers are Wilson Alexia’s - I use Stillpoints Ultra 5’s under the Alexia’s and the Debussy and the cabling is beyond the scope of this post :smile: I also have a Krell S1200U 3D and three Parasound Halo JC-1’s as amplification for my Wilson center and surround speakers (the Boulder pre has an HT Bypass Mode). And of course there’s a projector as you can see. Movies are played by using MyMovies on a separate SAN.

I’m attaching a photo of the main system. I’ve since upgraded the subwoofers to dual 18" Velodyne’s as the JL’s wouldn’t even come close to keeping up with my Alexias. As you can see, I crammed the massive Boulder 2000 series amp into my salamander rack. It hangs out the back about 16 inches it’s so long. It’s also so heavy it took 3 people to put it in place safely; afterwards I put the shelves above it so they had unhindered access. The amp runs off a dedicated 240v line, everything else is also dedicated (direct to the panel) wired outlets.

5 Likes