Shuffle Question

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Laptop 64bit/ Roon version 1.7 build 505 stable 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not using network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Playing from laptop to stereo connected by HDMI

Description Of Issue

When I go to playlist>shuffle under play now>Queue some songs by the same artist are grouped together into parts. The shuffle treats the group as a single track and plays all the songs in the group. The parts in the group are different songs by the same artist.

Is there a way to keep that from happening so all files remain separate? That way each song would play in a true random fashion.

Hi @Larry_Mark,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the tracks you see grouped together?

Hi @Larry_Mark,

Can you share some screenshots of the album that these tracks appear on?

If you go to Edit Album for the album where you’re experiencing this you can scroll down to Multi-Part Composition Grouping and disable it as seen below:

How do you get to the edit album area? I clicked the 3 dots next to where it said 2 parts and then edit. All it says along the top are track options,metedata preference, and edit track. Does this have to be done for each grouping? That seems rather tedious. Isn’t there a way to prevent this from happening in the first place?

Hi @Larry_Mark,

This would need to be done from the album level:

As for why they’re being grouped in the first place, this can depend on a number of factors. Can you share some screenshots of the album page for one of these examples?

Checking that box in all the albums seemed to eliminate the grouping and parts. Here’s some screenshots from the album page.

Thanks, @Larry_Mark.

It looks like these are all unidentified albums, so it’s hard to say exactly why the grouping is occurring without the media. I’m glad that the setting was able to resolve things for you, though!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.