Shuffle turning on randomly

Jon good taste in phones, as a long term OnePlus user as well, I started with the OnePlus One and currently on the 9 Pro.

I don’t really see anywhere else on Android to change this on the current version and the iPad app (it was easier on the old versions)

See the screenshot below.

So, this evening I’ve just fired up Roon for the first time in 24 hours or so. That is to say, it runs permanently on the core machine which is a Windows 10 laptop, but I started up Roon remote on my OnePlus6, checked the queue and ensured that shuffle wasn’t on, then went to the play screen and hit play. Then I went back to the queue screen and low and behold, shuffle was switched on and my queue had been shuffled.

Hey Jon maybe we can get @support to take a look at this for you. They may be able to turn on some diagnostics to help to find out what the cause of your issue is.
Good luck

Yes that would be great. I’m not saying it’s not my fault, but I don’t see how!

No Job that’s fair enough, hopefully they can help see what is happening

Hey @Jon_Llewellyn,

Thanks so much for letting us know of this and a sincere apology :pleading_face: for taking this long to get back to you.

In the meantime it looks like @Michael_Harris has been more than helpful. Thanks a lot :pray: !

It may be a bit counter intuitive, but, the way you can turn off Shuffle is to click it again (at the top left of your screen) and then, select undo on the pop-up (at the bottom of your screen).

For more information about Shuffle, see our product manager’s post:

Please, let me know if that helps at all :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi Rebeka, many thanks for your reply to my issue.

My issue is with shuffle turning on randomly, without me touching the shuffle button. I even checked that shuffle wasn’t on before hitting the play button and saw then that shuffle turned on of it’s own accord and shuffled my queue. It tends to happen when I just fire up a listening session.

Thanks again.

Just to say it’s just happened again, but this time at the start of a listening session using my Macbook pro as a remote. This time both the shuffle and loop buttons activated without being clicked.

This is really annoying, is it me or is this a bug in the software somewhere? @support?

Hey @Jon_Llewellyn,

I appreciate you trying out my suggestion and reporting your findings. I wish that would have done it, but, since it hasn’t, I’ve looped in our technical team.

I’m sorry we didn’t reply sooner - we’ve just returned to work after a holiday weekend in the US. We’re catching up on everything :blush:

Hey @Jon_Llewellyn, when you say that the shuffle button “activated” do you mean that the shuffle icon changes to a purple color, or something else?

What you’re describing is pretty strange, so I just want to make sure we’re on the same page! Maybe you could record a video?

Kevin, many thanks for your help with this. It’s literally just happened 30secs before I’m writing this. There’s no point in a video, it is just like this…

I just had to go and restart the machine my Roon core is on (a Windows 10 laptop) as Roon wouldn’t fire up for some reason. Once restarted, I’ve fired up Roon and left it running. Back in the room where I listen to my stereo, I start up Roon and it connects to the core ok. I go to my queue and always now check the status of the 2 icons in the top right - both loop and shuffle buttons were white. I hit play in the bottom centre and lo and behold, both the loop and shuffle buttons turn purple and my queue is shuffled!

Just to report that tonight I tried using the space bar to start my queue playing and it only activated the repeat, not the shuffle this time…EDIT - sorry I meant the “loop” icon turned purple

Hello @Jon_Llewellyn

My apologies for your thread going cold here. I just wanted to check in to see if you had an opportunity to update to Build 806 and whether this behaviour persists. I’m hoping that it’s cleared up and you’re busy enjoying your music.

1 Like

Hi Jamie, many thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve updated to 806 and I’m hoping it’s solved the problem but I haven’t had much time with it since updating, so I’ll let you know…

Jamie

Hello again - no, it’s still doing it - I hit play a couple of minutes ago and it’s shuffled my queue and totally messed it up.

Really, really annoying.

@Jon_Llewellyn Just a thought, do you have shuffle enabled in the Naim app? If you turn it off does the behavior continue?

Hi Kevin, no shuffle is not enabled in the Naim app. I never use the Naim app - I had to figure out my way around it just to answer your question!

Hi @Jon_Llewellyn

Does this issue still occur? Is this happening with all endpoints?

We haven’t been receiving any other reports of this, and we haven’t been able to reproduce this in-house, but if you can provide us with some more information about how to get this to happen we’d be happy to get a ticket in!

Hi there, I did submit a support request for this via the website, but I’ve had no reply to it.

It doesn’t seem to be happening right now, I hope it’s been cured by software updates.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.