Signal Path and Airplay with iPad

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini, (mid 2010) / macOS Sierra 10.12.6 / Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet via Netgear 8 port switch and Netgear Router to cable modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MiniDSP SHD (ethernet) for Roon endpoint and iPad (Wifi) with Roon App for Roon remote control

Description Of Issue

My signal path, while High Quality, shows as “AirPlay Streaming”, but I don’t want to stream via AirPlay since I have the MiniDSP SHD connected to my network. Is there a setting I haven’t done correctly, or am I misunderstanding the Signal Path display? All connections are via ethernet and wifi.

Hi @William_Reed, welcome to the Roon forum. Would it be possible to capture a screenshot of your signal path and post it on here please?

Here you are, thank you for responding.

Hi again, I think you’re connected to the wrong audio device. By that I mean the Airplay coonection to your SHD rather than the Roon RAAT endpoint. This looks to have the answer to your issue: Advice sought, Airplay vs Nucleus? with a picture or two. You need to look under Settings >> Audio to manage your endpoints. Good luck :slight_smile: and feel free to update if you’re stuck or just to say it’s working.

Thank you pointing me in the right direction! It turns out that I needed to enable Roon Ready in Volumio, which is resident on the miniDSP and off by default. So now Roon sees the miniDSP SHD as an “unsupported device” —sadly—but at least it works. You saved me hours of frustration. Also it sounds dramatically better, as one would hope!

2 Likes

Hi @William_Reed,

Glad to hear that it is working now! Regarding the Unsupported Device aspect, please see the following thread for additional information on this:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.