Roon Core Machine

M1 MacBook Air 2020 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Very fast Xfinity

Connected Audio Devices

Hip Dac 2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

At times while playing tracks on Roon the signal path will momentarily flip from enhanced to lossless and then back to enhanced, breaking the music stream.

Why might that be happening? It’s annoying. Other than that, the music quality is fantastic.
Thanks for any answers.

Not sure, maybe some more information. What is the source you are playing?

Tidal is the source. MQA

Post your signal path.

Roon Core Machine

Macbook Air M1 16gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity hi speed

Connected Audio Devices

Ifi Hip Dac 2

Roon constantly hiccups when playing Tidal MQA, flipping constantly between lossless and enhanced signal path. How do I correct that. DSP? Very disturbing. Please advise.

Number of Tracks in Library

N/A

Description of Issue

Roon constantly hiccups when playing Tidal MQA, flipping constantly between lossless and enhanced signal path. How do I correct that. DSP? Very disturbing. Please advise.

Please share device settings and signal path with example tracks.

Forgive me, but what do I do to share this info with you?

I’d try rebooting everything from the network outward before doing any more diagnosis.

Rebooting the Mac has helped. Thanks. Why the need to do that though?

Computers get their pants in a twist occasionally just like the rest of us :slightly_smiling_face:

A post was split to a new topic: When playing MQA 44.1 kHz tracks the Signal Path flips between Enhanced and Lossless

Still happening to me even after reboot. Does not happen with the Tidal app on my computer. Just clear, uninterrupted sound there.

Working now when set to renderer only.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.