Signal path (for DSD) changed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Streacom FC5 with Asus Q170M2, i7 7700T, M.2 SSD and 32GB. OS stripped down Linux Debian. Roon 1.6 (build 416). Music files on 2 internal SSD’s.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Direct ethernet (Nordost) between Core Machine and Bridge II (motherboard with dual lan).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II (ethernet)

Description Of Issue

After an update of Bridge II (3.6.86) I noticed that with DSD playback in the signal path the stage “Encapsulation (DSD over PCM)” has disappeared. All plays well without pops/ticks. The DirectStream DAC is still receiving DSD via DoPE. I just wonder why this stage has disappeared from the signal path. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hello @Wybe,

This change was expected with the new PS Audio Network Bridge II firmware. As far as I’m aware, there has been no internal change to how the Network Bridge is handling DSD audio. However, the encapsulation element that was being shown should only be displayed for devices with external digital interfaces.

-John

Thanks for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.