Signal path issue

Hi @ComasSky,

Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate all the time and effort you are putting in to help me out.
I couldnt get the url’s you supplied to work for some reason , but I managed to find this on Amazon.

shorturl.at/rsDMP

Would this have everything that I require?

I can’t stress enough that I am absolutely hopeless technically, so how easy is it to get all this assembled to suit my needs? I always think that kit like the Raspberry is for computer whizz kids, and not ordinary joes like me lol. If it is pretty much “plug and play” I might be ready to give it a go, otherwise I would give it a miss because it would be nearly £90 wasted due to my technical limitations.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-3-Model-B/dp/B07BDR5PDW/ref=pd_bxgy_147_2/258-6791790-0113723?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07BDR5PDW&pd_rd_r=98100100-a1f9-4e30-9e97-bcae4793cf6a&pd_rd_w=Fb9Dx&pd_rd_wg=fV1T5&pf_rd_p=6f720012-7a84-4e92-a268-5ba72c1e4b52&pf_rd_r=GTRPBFE3XYNW5DJNWTYJ&psc=1&refRID=GTRPBFE3XYNW5DJNWTYJ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-Case-Black-Grey/dp/B01F1PSFY6/ref=pd_bxgy_147_2/258-6791790-0113723?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01F1PSFY6&pd_rd_r=2d6571eb-6d6f-4e16-9005-2f170e3a3ab0&pd_rd_w=FwVw9&pd_rd_wg=hN93C&pf_rd_p=6f720012-7a84-4e92-a268-5ba72c1e4b52&pf_rd_r=C0H79X9J9XQC93NMBX6C&psc=1&refRID=C0H79X9J9XQC93NMBX6C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073K14CVB/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=sd+card+16gb&qid=1577722142&s=computers&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukru-Raspberry-Charger-3000mA-Supply/dp/B017YW2CKM/ref=pd_bxgy_147_3/258-6791790-0113723?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B017YW2CKM&pd_rd_r=2d6571eb-6d6f-4e16-9005-2f170e3a3ab0&pd_rd_w=FwVw9&pd_rd_wg=hN93C&pf_rd_p=6f720012-7a84-4e92-a268-5ba72c1e4b52&pf_rd_r=C0H79X9J9XQC93NMBX6C&psc=1&refRID=C0H79X9J9XQC93NMBX6C

And a SD Card Reader (USB Key or others way) to flash the SD CARD

1rst step is to install Ropiee On SD Card :slight_smile: :

Your Raspberry is ready ! :slight_smile:

Connect Chord to Raspberry with USB.

Start Raspberry (just connect the power supply), wait 3/4 minutes

Go to your computer and go to the Ropieee URL, a webpage is available to configure Roopiee.

Ropiee can use Hat (card add on the top of the raspberry, let empty in your setup) or USB (your case), so just check the USB checkbox on the webpage (next screenshot), give an name (as you want, like “Hifi” or “Kevin setup”, anyway :slight_smile: )

Reboot Ropiee, your setup is Ready

Just go to “Audio” tab on “Setting” in Roon Remote, and you will see Ropiee bridge connected to Chord.

Just select this zone, and “voila” :slight_smile:

Some video to show you the process :

Thanks @ComasSky,

Found some alternatives to your suggestions for quicker delivery, hope you don’t mind :grinning::grinning:

32gb SD card for delivery tomorrow

shorturl.at/ivEQ7

Also found a power supply for delivery tomorrow

shorturl.at/yCJO9

And Raspberry, earliest delivery Thursday

shorturl.at/devwD

Can you confirm if this SD card reader is suitable?

shorturl.at/otDHL

Thanks

2 mistakes :stuck_out_tongue: Your USB Key is USB C, are you sure your computer is ok with USB C ? The Power supply is 2,5A, it can work ok but i recommand 3A :wink:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukru-Raspberry-Charger-3000mA-Supply/dp/B017YW2CKM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=raspberry+pi+power+supply&qid=1577724908&sr=8-3#customerReviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beikell-High-speed-Adapter-Supports-MMC-Compatible-Windows/dp/B07L9VT8YY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+sd+reader&qid=1577724936&sr=8-3

Do not hesitate to come back to me if you have questions during the installation, between members of the Roon club, we must help each other!

PS : Ropieee also allows you to manage Airplay (16/44) and UPNP (24/192 but not very practical), it’s a complete stream box :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi @ComasSky

thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

The card reader you recommend looks great, thanks

How about this as an alternative power supply (for quicker delivery) than the one you kindly suggested? :wink:

shorturl.at/iqTZ0

It’s ok :slight_smile:

And the switch allows you to turn off / on without disconnecting the power from the raspberry

Cheers, I’ll get them all ordered and will report back at end of week. Thanks for all your help and “bonne année” :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @ComasSky

As if by some post Christmas miracle, all the stuff has been delivered by Amazon already!!

I’m sure I will be in touch at some point this afternoon when I inevitably encounter a problem:smile::smile:

1 Like

I’m ready to help you ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi, @ComasSky

I’m at this stage and have encountered a problem

“Boot the raspberry, go to webpage : http://ropieeexl.local/ ,enable USB device, and set parameters (wifi if you use wifi, name of the endpoint etc etc).”

I get the message

" This site can’t be reached

ropieeexl.local ’s server IP address could not be found."

I also tried ropieee.local as suggested by ropieee website but got the same error.

Can you try it and see if the webpage loads for you?

Thanks

Ok, I had the same problem but I thought it was only me

Your ropieee is wired to your network ? For the first launch, you must be RJ45 wired

If it"s the case 2 solutions : :slight_smile:

• connect a screen (HDMI), user = root and password = root
    After, ip addr, and take the IP adress : ip -4 -o addr show | grep eth0, for me it give something like 192.168.1.76
    And enter IP to your web browser url

• Go to your ISP Box and see all the connected devices, you will see the IP of your Ropieee

The ropieee (I assume this is the raspberry) is not wired to the network. I am literally following the instructions you supplied in baby steps lol. At this point the raspberry is only connected to the Chord DAC via usb. Do I need to connect the raspberry to my computer via USB at this point? Sorry for being so dumb lol

Haha

sorry for the approximations!

First, disconnect Chord USB and connect your Raspberry to an RJ45 Ethernet cable plugged into your Box ISP. Raspberry must be available in your local network, like your computers

The Ropieee will then be Wi-Fi, but first you have to go through ethernet

Hi @ComasSky

Connected to my internet hub via ethernet for a minute, then disconnected ethernet. When disconnected from ethernet cable the green light on raspberry was flashing very quickly for about 5 mins or so, then stopped. It is now flashing pretty slowly. I tried connecting to ropieeexl.local but still not loading. Do I need to wait a while for something to complete?

Don’t disconnect Raspberry ethernet.

Keep connected and boot it, wait led (5 min), and test ropieeexl.local (still ethernet connected).

Until you do not be able to configure Wifi on Ropieee, Raspberry must be wired to your Hub

Wired to your hub, Ropieee will be available on your network and ropieeexl.local would be working. WHen it will works, we’ll configure Wifi, disconnect Ethernet, and reboot. Ropieee will be connected to the Wifi

Hi @ComasSky

Got connected to webpage, and hopefully configured ok - eg selected USB, and selected WIFI. All changes seemed to be accepted. However, Roon cannot detect the Chord. I navigated to Settings and then Audio but it does not show. Any ideas?

Wifi IS conected ? Dac USB IS connected and power on ? Reboot raspberry

How do I check Wifi is connected? DAC is definitely connected. There appear to be 4 x USB ports on the raspberry, I have connected the USB from the DAC to one of the 4 slots. I have rebooted raspberry.

If you Can Access to ropieee.local, wifi IS ok

Damn, cant connect to ropieee.local now.:upside_down_face: