Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FritzBox Cable

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since last Roon-Updates, it shows MQA in the signal path. This must be wrong, as Qobuz does not supply MQA. I do not use any other sources than Qobuz. There was no update of the Lyngdorf in the meantime, so it must be a bug in Roon…

Same as in:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/signal-path-is-not-correct/237891/8?u=blackjack

1 Like

ah, thanks, didn‘t see that!

However I am not sure if this is truly a matter of the Lyngdorf firmware. Before recent Roon updates it did show a correct signal path and there has been no update to the TDAI since october 2022…

Which track is it?

everything I play from Qobuz! I tried several tracks from different albums/labels (which does not really matter as everything is FLAC in Qobuz…)

That is indeed weird. Everything shows up here as FLAC when using Qobuz. No matter which device I’m using.

Yes, if I switch to a different device the signal path is correctly displayed. So it is a bug in the exchange of data between Roon and Lyngdorf.

However, since only Roon published updates recently, the mistake seems to be on the Roon side.

I see. Sadly can’t check this on my side as I don’t own a Lyngdorf.

Maybe someone else who does can verify this issue.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the “device setup” for the Lyngdorf in Roon to see if “MQA Capabilities” is set to “No MQA support”? Don’t know if it will make a difference but worth a look?

1 Like

Yeah good idea, but this is (and always has been) set to „No MQA support“…

I just noticed another setting in device setup\advanced, (enable MQA core decoder) it should also be off if the first one is set to off.

1 Like

yes, it‘s all off…and yet it shows as in my screenshot :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Eh, Qobuz absolutely does have MQA FLACs (MQA and FLAC are completely orthogonal anyway). If that’s what the label gives them (e.g. 2L), that’s what you will get. Of course if the track in question definitely is NOT an MQA one then there’s problem somewhere, but just because it is Qobuz does not mean that you can not get an MQA track from them.

1 Like

Hi @Tom_Kramer,

This is indeed bizarre. I would like to ask you to duplicate this for us so we can get logs. It’s also possible we can source the hardware to try and duplicate the issue and compare notes.

Will you please do the following?

1. Play a track to duplicate the issue.

2. Respond with the date, time (and zone), and the artist/track played.

We can use this information to look at the logs and then attempt to duplicate things on our side.

Regards,
Wes

Roon Core Machine

Roon server is Windows 10 machine
Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Ram 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I use optical fiber router. My server is in conected by ethernet cable directly to the router

Connected Audio Devices

I use Lyngdorf TDAI-1120. Connceted by network only

Number of Tracks in Library

13000 tracks

Description of Issue

I play Flac 192K/24b track from my disk drive and in the signal path it looks like Roon activate MQA
It is shown in the screenshot -

In the TDAI-1120 it is OK, as seen in the next screenshot -

It would be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the signal path and also say what track/album you are playing and what the source is (local file/Qobuz/Tidal). Thanks.

I just have added screenshots. It is a local file I purchased from HDTRACKS.
It is 192K/24B track

Roon cannot “activate” MQA. See pic. below. Roon is sending the file without any processing or DSP to the Lyngdorf. Everything else happens afterwards:

Once Roon has handed the file off to the Lyngdorf, anything below that line is just Roon reporting what the Lyngdorf is doing. For some reason, the Lyngdorf is seeing it as an MQA file. Have you tried asking Lyngdorf support? It looks like an error in their process reporting.

2 Likes

I sent the screenshots of Lyngdorf. It is written theer that i track is PCM 24, 192 khz

Hi Haim,

Sure, but, that is a different reporting mechanism. The Lyngdorf is reporting this step back to Roon:

Just like the Lyngdorf is reporting back it’s RoomPerfect process and the Limiter.

So, it is probably, as I mentioned in the previous post, an error in Lyngdorf’s process reporting to Roon. The fix will probably have to come from Lyngdorf since it is reporting this information back to the RoonServer.