Simplest way to get ODROID-C2 working as Roon Bridge whilst waiting for a ARMv8 build of Roon Bridge

You won’t need the 32-bit ARMv7 libs any more and can run RoonBridge natively on 64-bit ARMv7. I guess just installing the ARMv8 version will do the trick, but I have no Odroid to try. @evand can deny or confirm.

Since RoonBridge is not very processor intensive, I’d guess there are no noticeable performance gains.

If I were not up and running already I’d just wait for the next release of DietPi which will incorporate RoonBridge for ARMv8.

Otherwise just follow the installation instructions in the Linux install knowledge base using the easy install script.

Evan:

I am a little confused. Got this error when I tried to install Roon Bridge on DietPi for Odroid C2:

Error: This package is intended for armv8 platforms. It is not compatible with your machine. Exiting.

The RoonBridge installer did not complete successfully.

I thought DietPi supported armv*?

Steve

The C2 is a 64 bit architecture. You should use the ARMv8 Easy Install script.

I used the following:

$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh
$ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh
$ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh

I’ve not tried the script (I’m still running Alpha build), but it should work for a C2. Let’s flag @support to take a look.

I got the script to work by editing line 16 ‘OK=1’ to ‘OK=0’

This causes the script not to fail the machine architecture check. I think the issue may be the value associated with '“MACHINE_ARCH”. The value assigned to this variable by uname -m is “aarch64”. I don’t this this is is a name the architecture logic is expecting.

May well be, for alpha testing purposes I modified a copy of the armv7 script to install the armv8 build, I’ve not looked at the official armv8 script. The only changed I’d made were to lines 8, 99 and 100 to read as follows:

line 8:
ARCH=armv8

lines 99 & 100:
aarch64*)
if [ x$ARCH = xarmv8 ]; then OK=1; fi

Until the release of 1.3 there was no armv8 easy installer script so I’ve not used the official script.

You have what is missing in the released script. Easy fix for support.