Since 1.8 i have to stopp and start the Roon Server on my Synology on a regular basis

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology DS916+ Roon 1.8 build 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Raspberry PI 3 with ropieee XL (most current Version connected with cable) , Macbook Pro - WLAN, Sonos - WLAN. Playback problem on every device

Description Of Issue

Since the upgrade i have to restart the Roon Core on my Synology after a couple of hours not using it.
I also have connected a ifi idsd Signature to the Raspberry Pi which does not show up on the bottom output section, but if i go to the configuration section i see it in the audio devices. If i want to playback something, either from NAS or from Tidal I can only see the knight rider light going from left to right. After restart of the core everything is back to normal. Didn’t had this problem with 1.7 (same setup). Maybe the 1.8 core is not working well with the power management of the Synology?

Try to actually reboot the NAS. It helped some here to fix the same kind of issue (me included).

i did, but i try it once again and keep you updated

I have some new information. I have two ropieee Endpoints (one is completely new based on pi 4 the other one is pi3). I am using the pi 3 with a hifiberry head and on the pi 4 there is a ifi IDSD Signature.

This is the problem: After i switch on the idsd, I can’t play anything, regardless on what zone. The idsd is displayed in the audio section but not in the output section (screenshot)

After switching the idsd off, evrything is working again. If i want to use the idsd i have to stop and start the roon core. Thats a real mess. Is there a way to completely get rid of any device config in the Roon guts, even the hidden or inactive ones?

Hi @ManInTheHighCastle

Apologies for the trouble! We’re working on a solution to this and will keep everyone updated here: