Since Roon 1.5 my Devialet 220 Pro is an "unidentified device"

Hi John,

No need for instructions. I already checked (see my post above Since Roon 1.5 my Devialet 220 Pro is an "unidentified device" ) and found that the screen shows up correctly when running Roon via core instead of server.

This discrepancy was not there with earlier versions of Roon…

Hello @k1282,

Thanks! I mis-understood the test you ran there. I will be sure to add this information to the ticket so we can get to the bottom of this. Thank you for your patience!

-John

Hello @k1282,

I discussed this issue with the tech team today, they would like for you to run this test to further reduce to scope of where this issue could be stemming from

1. Rename your “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  2. Re-download the RoonServer installer from our website, and reinstall Roon Server without any elevated privileges such as Admin
  3. Do not do a restore of your old database, do a full fresh startup. Note that it is not necessary to add music files for this test
  4. When you have reached the Roon home page, go into Audio settings and see if the device picker is available.

-John

I did as you instructed and that worked for me.

so apparently, updating to the newest roonserver causes the issue described above but a fresh reinstall of roonserver resolves the issue.

Hi @john , with the new update I again had to rename my RoonServer folder and do as instructed by you in your post.

is this normal? I mean, update because a pain for me as I have to backup and restore along the way.

Hello @k1282,

I discussed your situation with the development team, they believe that there is something on your computer that is preventing either the download or the unzipping of our Roon device identification bundle to complete successfully. Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your PC? Do you use any VPN software?

-John

No Anti Virus (except the built in windows antivirus) and no vpn. And I also would not know about anything else that might block it. It is running on a no-BS vanilla win10 NUC where the only additional software installed is Kodi, chrome, and Roon.

The issue does not occur if I just run Roon Core. It only happens with roonserver