Singxer SU-1 USB Audio Bridge, HoloAudio Spring DAC

In Roon I cannot select Native DSD for my Singxer SU-1 USB Audio Bridge although both it and my Holo Audio Spring DAC both support DSD up to DSD512.

Assistance appreciated

@support

What OS? Native DSD missing is almost always a function of the kernel not recognizing the USB device as supporting Native DSD.

Safari Version 11.1.2 (13605.3.8)

Up to now I used J River and had no issues.

Regards

Hi @David_Hammond ---- Thank you for the post and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide. Having a better understanding of which device is hosting your core and what OS is being used will be very helpful.

-Eric

Safari is not an OS, but it implies Mac OSX. OSX does not have drivers for native DSD.

It’s possible you have a third-party ASIO driver for your DAC (rare on OSX) and JRiver was using that. But Core Audio (which Roon uses) has no support for native DSD.

1 Like

Also, the spec sheet I found Googling the Singxer SU-1 (http://www.singxer.com/pd.jsp?id=19) indicates that it does a max of DSD256 using DoP. No native DSD support is listed for the audio bridge.

1 Like

This is a screen shot from JRiver

Audio Device USB Audio 2.0 (SU1) [Core Audio]

I see this as my Singxer SU-1 is being detected as Core Audio

I am running

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: David’s iMac
User Name: David Hammond (Dave)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
System Integrity Protection: Enabled
Time since boot: 23:31

Wot he said.

.sjb

1 Like

Thanks for your input, I have upgraded the Singxer SU-1 firmware to support DSD512.

I had always presumed it was accepting native DSD as I had JRiver set to:

“Bitstreaming YES DSD” as you can see in the screenshot.

Regards

Hi @David_Hammond ---- Thanks for providing the details of your setup as requested. The follow up is appreciated!

The information offered by both @cwichura and @Sloop_John_B in regard to being able to playback “native DSD” on MAC is correct. OSX indeed does not have drivers for native DSD.

-Eric