Sirius integration

I will add my vote for SiriusXM integration as a service. I didn’t realize that this was available outside their own application or website. I tested with Radium and it works so I see no reason that Roon can’t provide this. It is a royal pain to switch my DAC input and Airplay the SiriusXM app from my iPad. Being able to listen through Roon would be much appreciated. I have written SiriusXM on this issue before and received the same non-responses as others. This should be done by Roon contacting SiriusXM to get the hooks completed.

Add me to the list - would love this

Add me, too.

Never gonna happen

1 Like

I’m getting real close to canceling the SiriusXM subscription in my two cars. Other than Howard (which I don’t listen to as much as I used to) you can get everything else in other ways that are cheaper and probably better.

That fact that SXM isn’t jumping out of their skin to get this working on Roon shows that they are off their rockers.

I would love this as well. Think the problem is simply how lame the tech is at Sirius. There’s no Cast support in their Android App, no smart speaker integration and it’s just a digital island. I use Sonos to deal with Sirius when I want to stream at home but would love to move past that as well … not holding my breath.

This would be great.

:frowning:

Roon is at the center of my audio ecosystem. Brilliant at what it does.

But its position is threatened by content like SiriusXM that has demand from my family, but no way to provide it without switching between Roon and some other solution, settting up multiple solutions in parallel, or worse, changing to some other solution altogether.

None of these choices make me love Roon more.

Roon Labs, have you tried reaching out to SiriusXM? Sonos, Amazon, Roku and others have figured this out, so we know it is possible. I get that their tech and business model is beyond lame, but they have content that is not easily accessible elsewhere. And it really needs to be available from inside Roon.

3 Likes

I think SiriusXM has better playlists and that is why I Like it.

Sirius integration would be awesome for all of the reasons already stated and probably many more not yet brought up!

My vote to be recorded here as well…

+1

Any progress on this issue? Sirius has a good playlist, and integration would be very useful.

SiriusXM doesn’t need to be “integrated” in the same way as TIDAL, etc. (i.e., tracks showing up along side local albums in listings). But it would be nice to include SiriusXM streaming in the same way that internet radio is included. Of course, this requires some sort of validation of user credentials. But this can work, as SONOS allows this and LMS/Squeezeboxes, and even foobar2000, used to allow this with plugins until some changes were made on the SiriusXM side.

I agree with your analysis. I may be in a minority, but for me Sirius offers an interesting selection of music via their channels.
I would like to sit in my listening chair with my PC and play Sirius to my networked DAC (Ayre QX-5 Twenty) in the same way that I play TIDAL and Internet Radio. I can of course achieve this with a USB cable from PC to DAC, but after all they’re both on the network, so why should you have to use a cable?
I know of no other way to essentially establish a session between the PC’s native sound and the DAC. Neither Chromecast nor Air Play filled the bill, as I recall.

Thanks Day and all the others commenting on this post. This topic continues to get interest and support for SXM integration and I would encourage others to post here and show similar support. Arguments suggest it will never happen and SXM couldn’t care less, maybe they see Roon as competition to their streaming revenue source. Whatever the case, more votes in support at least gets our Roon friends to try harder as they always do.

Agree with your assessment of Sirius. During my trial membership, I had a couple of logon issues. I called them; each time I explained the problem, they responded “would I like to sign up for a full year of service” or words to that effect. I finally hung up on them. I’m not betting on the longevity of that company.