Skipping 1st track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC i3 Roon Core Kit version 1.7 (build 555)

I have an SSD plugged into my Core via USB cable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys AC5400 majority of Sonos system is hard wired apart from 2 devices on Wi-fi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hard wired Sonos - Connect (to a Marantz amp), pair of Ones, Beam

Wi-fi - Sonos Move and a One

Description Of Issue

When playing an album it randomly plays the 1st five seconds or so of a track and jumps to the next track, plays ok from then onwards. If I skip back to the 1st track it plays ok.

This happens randomly on both Wi-fi connected and hard wired devices, always when playing tracks from my SSD. I don’t recall having the issue from Qobuz or Tidal.

I had the same issue when previously using my MacBook Air as my core, before I upgraded to an NUC.

Just to add, the device thinks it is still playing the first track but it is playing the 2nd. This mucks up timings/tracks etc.

Is anyone able to help please?

Hello @Lee_Halbert, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Do you have this same issue when playing to system output of your core? Can you send me a screenshot of your signal path? Thanks!

Apologies, I’ve been away for a few days.

I don’t use the system output of my core, everything goes through Sonos.

When I was playing this album today it stopped midway through at the end of a track, this happens occasionally, the track skipping more often.

Add images

Hello @Lee_Halbert,

Could you please test playing some local tracks from a removable drive and see if the skipping still occurs?

I am having the same issues with a plug in SSD, Qobuz and Tidal.

Albums are also stopping randomly, on the iOS apps it looks like they are still playing with no progress.

I have rebooted and updated my core with the latest updates, haven’t played enough music to see if this has resolved the issue yet.

Hello @Lee_Halbert, let me know if the issue persists! And my plan as of the last message was to make sure the SSD wasn’t compromised, so if the issue does return please do test tracks from a removable drive and let me know what happens. Thanks!

Hi,

I am already playing tracks from a removable drive. Problem is still there. Any ideas, issue persists on Tidal, Qobuz and plug in SSD.

Hello @Lee_Halbert, you had mentioned in your first post that you had this issue on your MacBook Air when it was the core. Since you’ve tried a different core, let’s take a look at the factors that connect them and eliminate what we can. For example, can you connect to a hotspot or something outside your network and see if the issue persists?

Hi.

I have also changed my router recently as well.

I have turned the WiFi option off on all Sonos that is hardwired, things seem to have improved, might that have an effect on things?

Hello @Lee_Halbert, I’m glad things are working better now that you’re using Ethernet. Generally this does provide a more stable connection which is definitely helpful with issues like these. Let me know if the issue persists!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.