Skipping but no error message

Yeah, I’m seeing skipping and I am not seeing any error messages.

Overall, I think this release is pretty cool.

I’m using LinkSys Velop, by the way.

1 Like

My MacMini is wired to the closest Velop node but there is still wireless involved. I didn’t have this skipping problem before 1.7 and all of the DSP options are disabled.

Yes, the history shows the percentage played as less than 100%. Is there some indicator that shows the user skipped the track?

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

So we can better understand what you’re experiencing, please verify the following:

• Please provide some more details about the specs of your Core machine
  • How often does this occur?
  • Does the same track always skip?
  • Have you noticed any patterns? Does it seem to happen more often with hi-res content or anything like that?

I’m running a MacMini connected to my DAC, an Aqua Formula, over USB. I am running Mojave on the Mac Mini. I just upgraded to Roon 1.7 a few days ago.

Last night, I was getting a lot of skips, and the same track would skip if I went back to play it a second time.

I haven’t noticed any patterns and generally don’t take notice of HighRes vs Lower Res.

I have also been experiencing a lot of app crashes on my iPhone. Do you guys still have me instrumented? I reported this problem a long time ago.

Hey @Lawrence_Kellogg,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help with the skipping issues. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

Our @support team will be able to look into the iPhone issues as well, but let us know the skipping persists on Build 505.

More details are here:

Thanks!

I just got back from traveling and tried out the new build last night. So far, it looks like the skipping problem has been fixed.

Thank you. Good work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.