Skipping, cut outs in MP3 music podcast [Resolved]

The past two episodes of Reverberation Radio aren’t playing properly in Roon. When I play the downloaded files, the music skips around, cuts out, and hiccups, with maybe a few seconds in a row playing properly before the glitches begin again.

Here’s a link to the most recent episode: Reverberation 260.

My core is on MacOS Sierra, running v1.3 (build 209). The file plays fine in other apps. And most previous episodes work fine in Roon. For what it’s worth, older Roon builds had the same or a similar issue with WFMU podcasts, but that seems to have been fixed during the 1.2 series; no idea if that’s related or not.

Any ideas?

Hi @amg ---- Thank you for the report and providing us a link to test with. We’ll have a look and see what we come up with.

Moving forward, can you verify if you are noticing this same behavior when playing local /TIDAL content or does this appear to be an isolated issue?

-Eric

To be clear, the file to which I linked was local: I downloaded it and imported it into my Roon library. And when I’ve had the same/similar problem in the past, it has been with downloaded and imported podcasts. No problems with Tidal.

1 Like

Hi @amg ----- Thank you for clarifying that for me, apologies for the confusion :dizzy_face: I downloaded the provided media sample and am reaching the second song and haven’t had any issues thus far. Do you notice a specific point in which these errors occur or is it right from the start?

-Eric

Dear @Eric, So I redownloaded the file, and now it works fine. A checksum reveals that the old and new files are different–strange. Thanks for looking into this, and sorry for the bum bug report.

1 Like

Hi @amg ---- Thanks for the follow up, and no worries at all :wink: Happy listening!

-Eric