Skipping/Hiccuping with Groups

No licencing limit and no technical limit within the scope of likely domestic configurations; well above 3 in any event.

Yes, Jumbo frames are the same thing as MTU (maximum transmission unit). The main thing is to have all network components consistently on or off. Problems can arise when a router has them on and a switch has them off. People usually start all off and then try all on.

The AirPort Extreme seems to support them, but not sure how to turn them on/off.

They can be turned on or off in the Arris.

The TL-SG 1016 supports them (although seemingly with a different max size to AirPort Extreme). Not sure how to configure it.

Thanks Andrew. Doesnā€™t seem like Jumbo Frames would matter at this point if one raspberry pi with HAT Dac works and the pi with external dac doesnā€™t. Unless the image from IQaudio has a different setting. Iā€™ve followed Reneā€™s guide to installing roon bridge. I canā€™t find a clear answer on jumbo frames on/off of the raspberry pi.

2 Likes

Update -

The problem is definitely with the pi connected to an external dac.

Pi w/ external has no problem playing without cutting songs short if itā€™s the only endpoint. If I add a roonready pi with HAT dac it will skip to the next song at some point in an hour. This doesnā€™t seem to matter if itā€™s grouped or playing individual songs.

I can run two roonready piā€™s with HAT dacā€™s and have no problem. As soon as I add the pi with external DAC Iā€™m back to square one.

Hi @Benjamin_Schramm ----- Thank you for the follow up and sharing this observation with us. Seems like you have indeed nailed the culprit here (Pi + external DAC).

We are going to be investigating this issue further to try and reproduce in house. I have also scheduled a meeting with our developers to discuss next week to get some feedback on this problem. We appreciate your patience!

-Eric

Thanks Eric. I also just tried it with two piā€™s running external dacā€™s. Same problems. Would be happy to discuss over the phone if needed. Iā€™m going to try two piā€™s running iqaudio dacā€™s and both on wifi. Just for fun.

Slight change on machine running roon server. Mini was replaced with Small Green Computer sonictransporter. No change in behavior.

1 Like

Iqaudio piā€™s worked just fine on wifi until I tried some 24 bit music. Not a big deal because weā€™re moving in January and I ran cable to each room in the new house.

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Schramm ----- Thank you again for the continued feedback and more importantly your patiences. Both are very appreciated.

As mentioned in my last post, I have a meeting scheduled laster this week with my team and our CTO to discuss this issue youā€™ve been encountering and will be sure to follow up with you once I have some more feedback on what could potentially be causing this behavior to occur.

-Eric

Thanks! @Eric

1 Like