Skipping or clipping

Hi @Aaron_Turner,
do you have special condition for that?
For example Volker_Rothenpieler told me that he has this hiccups too and I haven’t realized it.
At this example - that only occurs at MQA files - I guess with higher resolution 96kHz for example and I had to skip to the next title. Then after a while 1-2,5 minute this little gap occured.
I had that thing with 793 beta but not with 795 and it was connected to MQA files!
I only have still the skipping with 795. About 30 minutes okay and then first skip (Tidal). :cry:

Definitely was Tidal this time… not sure if the track was MQA or not. I’ll have to look next time. At least with the previous version it wasn’t limited to Tidal, but also happened with my FLAC’s. Definitely seems Roon 1.8 related as I never had this problem with 1.7.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

It’s been quite a significant amount of time since the last post on this thread. I wanted to see if this is something you’re still dealing with, or, if it’s been resolved with subsequent builds :nerd_face:

Hi @beka,

Seen some hanging / skipping with Tidal, but I also seem to get that with the Tidal app on my phone. Of course I’m on 4G on my phone out for a walk and not on a 1Gbps network with Roon. I can’t recall seeing the problem playing local FLAC off my NAS.

Honestly, it seems much better than before. At this point the error rate seems to be roughly equivalent to the overall issues I have with Tidal natively so not sure if this should be classified as a Roon issue at this point.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

Thanks for the swift update! I’m glad that the issues have become tolerable. If you’d like our team to take a closer look and see if there are steps to take to make them virtually nonexistent, would you please create a new post in the #support category? :nerd_face:

Honestly, I’m leaving for Europe for a month in a few days and really don’t care enough at this point to start another support thread. Just not strong enough correlation between support threads and fixing bugs to warrant the effort at this point.

Hey @Aaron_Turner,

Thanks for taking a moment to share a bit of your context. I could see how a Europe trip can trump troubleshooting Roon.

I hope you’ll have a blast and, of course, be safe.

If, when you return, you’d like to pick this up, we’re hoping to increase the correlation between support threads and fixes.

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.