Skipping to next track mid song

I’m getting a lot of dropouts and song skipping since upgrading to 1.7

Was rock solid with 1.6
Wonder what is causing this. Nothing else changed on system

Happening here too. Every album I stream at some point skips to next track mid song

Mac Mini on network via ethernet to microrendu. No dsp

Hi @BrianH,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does the same behavior occur if you play directly to System Output of the Core?

• Mac Mini 2012 16gb RAM 256gb SSD - Roon Core
  • Mac connected to 8 port TP-Link Ethernet switch
  • microrendu end point connected to same switch
  • streaming Qobuz HiRes plan

Nothing has changed in my setup except going from Roon core 1.6 -> 1.7
Everything worked fine, no issues with 1.6

I’ve never played directly from MacMini as it is in network closet

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tracks advancing to next prematurely

Hi @BrianH,

Thank you for providing that additional system info. I have a few follow-up suggestions:

Is the behavior the same if you log out and back into Qobuz?

Can you give this a try? It would be good to know if this behavior occurs on the System Output zone since this helps eliminate the network/audio endpoint as a variable. If the issue occurs on System Output please let us know the exact local time it occurs at.

Thanks!

I’ll give this a try but how could it be the endpoint when it worked flawlessly in 1.6? The only variable changed is 1.7 software

@BrianH - I understand that the only change is 1.6 -> 1.7 but I would like to eliminate some variables from the equation and look at logs for any additional information.

Hey @BrianH,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

More details are here:

So far so good. Been listening for several hours and on albums I know skipped multiple times and no skips all day :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.