Slight distortation playing both Tidal and local files

For the first time since using Roon, I had some slight distortion today playing both streaming and local files. I am just curious whether this has happened to anyone. The distortion was sort of a short squeal; not sure how else to describe it.

I wonder whether it might have been some network problem with my ISP.

My setup:
I recently installed a Nucleus, which is hard wired to my router. I also have a Devialet Expert 200, which Roon has conveniently partnered with so I can start, control and turn off my device within the Roon app.

Anyway, let me know whether anyone has encountered this issue. Unless it repeats itself, I am not going to report it to Roon support, as I know I will need to do some log tracking, possibly moving the Core, etc.

Thanks.

Never heard of this before. How is the Devialet connected to Roon? If my information is correct it is not Roon ready? So I’m guessing you are using Devialet Air; that could be reason. I would also contact Devialet support - they are usually very helpful.

1 Like

@Tor_Gunnar_Berland Thanks for the input. Yes, I am using the Devialet AIR connection as implemented by Roon. I actually think this was a one-off as I haven’t had any issues since the reported problem. If it persists, I’ll check over on the Devialet Chat forum to see whether anyone else has had the issue. Again, thanks.